How Long Will Under Eye Filler Last? (photo)

I had filler put under my eye and was instantly pleased with the results. A year and a half on and there appears to be slight bags appearing over the filler. When the filler goes will I be able to get fresh filler put in to correct this problem? Thanks.

How long will under eye filler last?

+1

Filler generally lasts for 6-8 months, and can last longer in the tear trough area. When the filler disappears, new filler can be injected to obtain your desired result. Restylane is a great filler for the tear trough. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Tear trough filling

+1

It is likely that the product is gone and you could benefit from more filling, if you are wishing to replace to volume loss. Restylane is my tear trough filler of choice. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

How long will filler last under the eyes?

+1

There are a variety of fillers that can be used under the eyes and different filler products may last different lengths of time.  I prefer to use Restylane under the eyes and find that it lasts there longer than in other parts of the face.  I have seen effects from Restylane under the eyes last for a year or a bit longer.  When the filler goes down, it is possible to replace it with more to regain the effect.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Will Under Eye Filler Last?

+1

Hi Ben, Fillers usually last 6-9 months once injected. You can certainly re-inject the area once your filler has dissolved. I recommend using Restylane for the tear troughs, this filler is a lot smoother to be applied under the eyes. Seek a reputable injector who can give you the result you wish to achieve. 

Best regards

Filler under eyes

+1

Yes most definitely you will be able to replace the volume loss once the filler has diminished.  Depending on what product was used to fill the area will dictate the length of time the product will remain in your system. Most fillers last between 9-12months.  All the best.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS