How Much Downtime for Injectable Fillers in the Laugh Lines and Possibly Under the Eyes (Sunken in Eye Sockets)?

Would i look ok to go out the next day ? How bad is swelling/downtime for each area? I need to show my face the next day for something important should I risk it?

Bruising with fillers

+1

There is a potential for bruising after any injection, especially fillers.  Plan on 7 to 10 days' downtime, just in case you do have bruising.  One week before treatment, avoid products that thin your blood and cause more bruising, such as alcohol, green tea, garlic, vitamin E, omega-3's, ASA and ibuprofen.

Toronto Dermatologist

Downtime for injectable fillers around eyelid and laugh lines

+1

It is common to have some bruising and swelling after fillers. Although my rate of bruising and swelling has decreased with the use of microcanulas rather than needles, I still advise my patients of such issues that can occur.  There is minimal downtime with fillers but I would not plan on any major events over the next week or so to make sure your swelling and bruising goes down if you have some that occur.

Christopher I. Zoumalan, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler results and expectations

+1

Most patients do well and have minimal swelling and/or bruising. More significant swelling/bruising is a possibility, so I always recommend doing filler at least a week prior to any special events. Cannula is a great technique to minimize any bruising. I don't recommend Juvederm for the tear troughs, and instead use Restylane. The tear troughs are more likely to bruise due to their vascularity and thinner skin, but it depends on the person and the injection. You can do your part to minimize bruising by stopping blood thinning agents 7-10 days prior to an injection. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

How much downtime should be expected for fillers

+1

The trust is, each person is different. I tell people not to have something important for at least a few days because frankly, if it's important and you have a bruise or are a bit swollen, you're going to be angry that we did it. So it's best to plan ahead and get fillers done with at least two weeks in between. With things like cannulas and lidocaine and Arnica and a good technique, will you be ok tomorrow? Maybe. Will you get a bruise or be swollen? Maybe. If you are going to be mad if you have a bruise or a bit of swelling, wait until after your important event to get the filler.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Downtime for filler in laugh lines and around the eyes could be near zero if blunt cannulas are used.

+1

I use to tell patients that they needed to plan their fillers about a week ahead of a big event.  I no longer have that stipulation now that blunt cannulas have changed the game.  There is minimal or no bruising with the cannulas.  There might be some swelling, but this is more due to the characteristic of the filler absorbing water than the actual injection.  Please see my videos and blog.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, between Destin and Panama City Beach, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How Much Downtime for Injectable Fillers

+1

It's very common to have minor bruising and swelling after having fillers injected. Plan accordingly and give yourself at least 1-2 weeks to heal to avoid canceling any future plans. Seek a reputable board certified physician to achieve the results you wish to receive.

Best of luck