How Many Months Will It Take to See Results from Coolsculpting?

CoolSculpting Results

The studies show that patients achieve the best results from CoolSculpting after 3 months. Many patients will start to show some improvement after 3 weeks, but it is best to wait 3 - 4 months before considering the results as final. Also, comparing your before and after photographs will help you see the results yourself.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

It will generally take 2-3 months to see the full result.

Hello, thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is a fabulous non-invasive technology for reducing subcutaneous fat in pesky trouble areas like the lower abdomen, flanks/ love handles, and outer thighs/ saddle bags. The treatment protocol requires that patients come in for a comprehensive evaluation and consultation where a member of our team can help do an assessment of the patient and work to design a treatment plan to help the patient accomplish treatment to transformation. The treatment protocol generally calls for the patient to consult on one day, undergo their first treatment shortly there after and then 30 days from the date of the first treatment we will generally retreat the same areas. The process of apoptosis which CoolSculpting triggers is a natural fat cell function which causes it to self destruct when activated. This scenario would happen naturally if the cell was malfunctioning or damaged. CoolSculpting simply tricks your cells into going into this process by introducing the cells to low temperatures. What we have seen is that patients generally lose 20-25% of the fat that is drawn into a treatment applicator after each treatment. To be conservative we generally tell patients that they can expect to see around a 40% reduction in the fat layer in the treated area 2-3 months after the first treatment assuming they sign up to be treated twice as described above. I hope you have found this information to be helpful.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpting Results

Hi, thank you for your question. Given that you maintain a healthy diet and exercise regime with no additional weight gain, you can see optimal results within a month after your CoolSculpting procedure. Results are gradual and will continue as your body disposes of the treated fat cells. This entire process can take up to three months, so it is important to stay patient.

Daniel Behroozan, MD, FAAD

Coolsculpting Results

You can see results as soon as 3 weeks after your Coolsculpting treatment with optimal results generally in 12 weeks.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How Long It Will Take To See Results of CoolSculpting

You can begin to notice results as early as 3 weeks after your CoolScultping treatment. Many people will definitely see noticeable results by 3 months.

CoolSculpting Results

You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Coolsculpting fat reduction takes 2-4 months

It takes 2 months to see results from Coolsculpting.  Many patients experience continued improvement for an additional 2 months.

Coolsculpting results

Most of our patients show 80% of their results by 2 months after treatment and will continue to see results over the next 2-3 months. Coolsculpting works great in the properly selected patients.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Results from CoolSculpting

Some patients have seen results as early as one month but most people see optimum results in 10 to 12 weeks. CoolSculpting reduces the subcutaneous fat layer. Most people if they are within 15 pounds of their ideal weight  just need one treatment. CoolSculpting is fat reduction not weight loss. It is ideal for diet and exercise resistant bulges.

All the best "Dr. Joe" Gryskiewicz

Results from Coolsculpting may be seen as early as 3 weeks, and peak at 3 months.

Results from Coolsculpting may be seen as early as 3 weeks, and peak at 3 months. A large number of my patients have needed only one treatment to achieve the fatty layer reduction that they sought. In these cases, I bring them for follow pictures at 2 to 3 months post treatment, to make sure maximum results have been achieved. However, if a patient has a larger fatty layer/bulge, that I estimate will require two treatments, I perform the second CoolSculpting treatment one month after the first one, and then wait two or three months after the second treatment to see the final result. Some patients in my practice have required a third treatment, because they had a very large localized area of excess fatty tissue, like a large belly pouch. All have been excited about the positive results. I agree with the previous comments by my colleagues regarding the fact that the appropriate selection of patients and management of expectations is the key to a very satisfying and effective! Coolsculpting experience.