Zeltiq Demarcation on Upper Abs Near Rib Cage

I am 6wks post-zeltiq on my lower(lrg handpeice)& middle(med. handpeice) abs. I'm seeing a great result, however I have a line of demarcation on my upper abs near the rib cage. It feels like a shelf if I move my hands down it to my middle abs which is unsettling. I'm not oppossed to getting my upper abs done (rib cage/under breast area) but have some concerns about this line of demarcation area. Also, is it feasible to have the upper abs done, or will the smaller handpeice suck in breast tissue?

Be patient

+1

The results of Coolsculpting do require a bit of patience,  typically Coolsculpting feathers by itself, meaning there should not be a distinct ine of demarcation between treated and untreated areas.  I have a feeling what you are noticing is still swelling,  it is difficult to treat the upper abdomen even higher, as you mentioned you would start to run into the breast!

Zeltiq (Coolsculpting) on upper abdomen

+1

I am glad that you see nice results after your CoolSculpting procedure.  I would ask that you allow things to heal completely before worrying about the demarcation. They usually say 2-4 months for the final results so at 6 weeks, you are still early in the process.

As for having CoolSculpting on the upper abdomen, I would ask that you are examined and measured by the doctor who is performing the procedure.  If you have enough tissue to be placed in the small applicator then you can have a nice result - the breast tissue should not be taken into the applicator.

Best Wishes!

CoolSculpting can be done on the upper abdomen

+1

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is individualized per patient.  You may be told by your doctor that the small applicator may work for the upper abdoemn.  It usually is not a concern about the breast tissue as it is not drawn into the applicator, however, it can be difficult if not impossible to draw in the desired skin and fat of the most upper abdomen because of the obstruction from the rib cage.  Your doctor will have to evaluate your condition.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Can CoolSculpting cause a line of demarcation after treating the abdomen?

+1

The effects of CoolSculpting generally peak at 2-4 months post treatment.so I would hold off on making any rash judgements at 6 weeks.  One of the nice things I have seen in my CoolSculpting patients is that it gives a natural looking reduction of the fat without zones of demarcation such as you are describing.  Because of this it might be helpful for you to forward a before and after picture of the treated area.  Regarding the treatment of the upper abdomen it is not be a problem to have this area treated.  As long as the applicator is placed properly there should not be any fear of drawing up breast tissue.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Zeltiq line of demarcation

+1

6 weeks is a bit early to tell your results.  It generally takes 4-6 months to see the full results, so you may feel that the appearance improves greatly over time.

The smaller handpiece is great for the upper abdomen and when placed by a well trained physician is very unlikely to get near any breast tissue.  Often we don't realize how much adipose there is in the upper abdomen until we stop focusing on the lower abdomen fat, so I often recommend to patients who treat their lower abs, that they strongy consider coming back for their upper abs after they see their results over time.

Madeline Krauss, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting demarcation on upper abdomen

+1

It is too early to judge the result from your Coolsculpting treatment. If after 2 months you still notice a shelf you may either need an additional Coolsculpting treatment to that area. If that doesnt address the problem, the other alternative is treatment with the newer radiofrequency devices. I would recommend you discuss with your physician.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon