How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost in Bergen County, NJ and Can Anyone Refer Me to a Top-rated Physician?
Mommy Makeover Costs and Doctor Recommendations - Bergen, NJ
Doctor Answers (13)
Choosing your Surgeon?
There are several guidelines to follow in order to ensure that you choose one of the finest plastic surgeons in your area: • You need your plastic surgeon to be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This certification is an indication that the surgeon has had extra training in the field of aesthetic plastic surgery. This also ensures that the plastic surgeon has earned his or her degree from a reputable medical school and has completed five years of additional residency. Avoid "board certification" by the "board of Cosmetic Surgery" and other similar organizations. • Reputable plastic surgeons should have privileges to perform cosmetic surgery procedures at an accredited hospital – not just in the surgery center in their office. • Ask your plastic surgeon to show you before-and-after photos of patients who have undergone cosmetic surgery and ask to speak with some of their patients. • Good doctors will ensure realistic expectations and take the time to address your concerns. They will encourage you to do your homework, talk to other patients, and make an informed choice. • Be skeptical of super saver deals advertised in newspapers and magazines. Most plastic surgeons charge comparable rates and rarely offer "deals." Don't compromise quality care and your safety just to save a few dollars; it may end up costing you more in the long run. An experienced plastic surgeon will be more adept at fixing or addressing any problems that may arise. • Of course, one of the most important factors in choosing a plastic surgeon is your personal comfort level with the doctor. You should feel comfortable asking questions about your cosmetic surgery procedure so that you can make an educated final decision regarding the planned procedure.
I hope this helps.
Cost for a Mommy Makeover
The cost for a mommy makeover will vary depending on exactly what procedures you need done. Common procedures include a tummy tuck, breast lift or implants, and some liposuction. To figure out the cost, you need to total up the prices for each individual procedure and then there is usually a discount for combining surgeries because of anesthesia savings. For breast implants, tummy tuck, and liposuction, you are looking at around 15,000-20,000 depending on the area and the physician. Hope this helps. Maybe you will take the trip over the river....
Mommy Makeover Cost
breast augmentation $7000-$9000 (depending on implant type and technique)
breast lift $8000-$9500 (depending on technique)
tummy tuck $6500-$9000 (depending on whether it's a mini, full or floating abdominoplasty, and if liposuction is also performed)
liposuction $2000-$8000 (depending on number of areas)
These ranges are what you'd find in Toronto, Ontario, where I am located. They may be quite different in your city. A combination of procedures may slightly reduce the costs of each, especially when two or more are performed at the same time.
For a better idea of pricing, please check out the websites of your preferred surgeon or call around in your city. Having said that however, it's always best to find a surgeon you are comfortable with and trust instead of picking one based on how much they charge.
You might also like...
Mommy Makeover Costs and Doctor Recommendations - Bergen, NJ
The fees will vary considerably throughout the county and based on the combination of procedures which you wish in your mommy makeover. Dr. Stephen Colen and Dr. Richard Winters are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons in your area to understand your options.
Some suggestions on picking a mommy makeover surgeon.
Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon
Article by George J. Beraka, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.
2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.
3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?
4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?
5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.
6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.
7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.
8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.
9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.
10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.
Finding a top-rated plastic surgeon
I would recommend going to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find qualified local doctors. Prices vary from doctor to doctor, so interview with a few to get an idea of local prices.
Mommy makeover cost and recommendation
Cost for mommy makeover varies on the followings: 1) combination of procedures involved (breast lift vs. breast augmentation with/without lift in combination with tummy tuck with or without liposuction), 2) surgeon's fee, 3) anesthesia fee, 4) facility fee, 5) cost of implant (saline vs. silicone). Surgeons, anesthesiologists, facility fee will depend on extent of surgery required, i.e. hours of operation. Therefore, cost of mommy makeover can vary from $13,000 to $20,000.
In terms of finding a plastic surgeon, talk to your family and friends who have gotten a procedure from the plastic surgeon. Make sure you feel comfortable with the surgeon and that she/he is board-certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best of luck to you.
Searching for a good surgeon.
When you are choosing a surgeon, make sure he/she is board certified and ask to see before and after photographs.
a mommy makeover can vary depending on the number of children, breast feeding and weight changes. you should see a board certifed plastic surgeon to be evaluated
Costs for Mommy Makeover depends on the procedures involved
Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include:
Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants, liposuction
These procedures can be performed in one stage or multiple stages depending on the patient's goals, health status and other screening criteria. These combined procedure can carry significant costs. The price varies on the exact procedures that are being done and the length of the surgery. It is very common for patients to opt for some form of financing options.
Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options. To find a surgeon in Bergen county, I recommend you visit the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The link is below.