I am planning a vacation to Aruba in June and wondering if 2 months is long enough time to recovery properly so I can enjoy myself. Also, I am working on losing my last 10 lbs before I schedule surgery. If I am 10 lbs from my goal weight will that make a huge difference?
What is Minimum Recovery Time for Breast Lift with Augmentation?
Doctor Answers 30
Aruba after breast surgery
Recovery from breast augmentation-lift
It usually takes at least 6 weeks for your breasts to heal after a breast augmentation and lift, so you should be fine to go on vacation after two months. But everybody heals differently, so it's best to discuss this with your plastic surgeon. And I would advise you to stay covered and wear sunblock with a strong SPF while in Aruba ... the sun is strong and you don't want to darken your fresh scars, so be careful!
Recovery Time for Breast Lift and Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
You might also like...
Recovery After Breast Augmentation And Lift
2 months is a generous recovery time
Recovery Time Recommendation for Breast Lift with Breast Augmentation
Regarding Post-Operative Healing after breast lift with implants:Here are the instructions we give to my patients:
You will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines.
Patients can usually return to work in one week to ten days. Sutures are dissolvable but the ending knot is removed within 1-2 weeks.
Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days with light lifting of 20 pounds or less from 10 days to 3 wks. After 3 weeks progressive exercise with running and lifting of heavier weights after 6 weeks.
Vacation and Augmentation
Thank you for your post. Certainly 2 months is plenty of time to be fully healed from augmentation and lift. Plus and minus 10 pounds is not going to make a huge difference in the result. 20 pounds and more I would avoid, however.
Pablo Prichard, MD
Minimum Recovery time for Breast Lift with Augmentation 6 to 8 weeks
The first 2 weeks the breasts will feel tight and uncomfortable as when a nursing mother's milk comes in. It does take a month or two for the implants to completely settle and drop, particularly if they are on the larger side. The incisions should be well healed by then as well and you can take part in all activities.
Regarding whether or not the lose of an additional 10 pounds will significantly impact your result, that depends on what 10lbs is in relations to what you currently weigh now and if you easily lose weight in your breasts - but for most patients, 10 pounds shouldn't make much of a difference.
Also, be sure to protect your fresh scars with sunblock while on vacations.
Recovery following breast augmentation and breast lift can be up to 6 weeks
Recovery following any surgery is at least 6 weeks but in reality it takes 6-9 months for scars to start to mature. I ask my patients to be careful for 2 weeks after this type of surgery and allow them to resume all normal activity 6 weeks after breast sugmentation and breast lift surgery.
Recovery after breast lift and augmentation
Two months should be more than enough time to recover from a breast lift augmentation. Recovery varies with a type of lift used. If a small circumareola lift is used then the recovery will be quicker. If a large boat anchor shaped incision is used the then recovery will be longer. Achieving you ideal weight is not necessary and unfortunately people often gain the weight that is lost from diets. A 10 pound weight loss will not make much difference in your final appearance.
Best of Luck,
Gary Horndeski, M.D.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.