What is Minimum Recovery Time for Breast Lift with Augmentation?

I am planning a vacation to Aruba in June and wondering if 2 months is long enough time to recovery properly so I can enjoy myself. Also, I am working on losing my last 10 lbs before I schedule surgery. If I am 10 lbs from my goal weight will that make a huge difference?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Will I be recovered enough to travel 2 months after implant and lift.

+1

Barring unexpected complications it would usually be ok to travel in 2 months.  You should not expect to see your final result that soon though.  8 weeks out the implants often still look high and the breast may have droop that has not yet filled out. If your breasts change dramatically with a 10 pound weight loss you may wish to wait until you hit your target weight.  Plus or minus 10 pounds is usually ok to proceed because most patients loose the weight over many areas.

If you are in Aruba wear a sunblock of 15 or more and be sure the scars are covered.  Have a great trip.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from breast augmentation-lift

+2

It usually takes at least 6 weeks for your breasts to heal after a breast augmentation and lift, so you should be fine to go on vacation after two months.  But everybody heals differently, so it's best to discuss this with your plastic surgeon. And I would advise you to stay covered and wear sunblock with a strong SPF while in Aruba ... the sun is strong and you don't want to darken your fresh scars, so be careful!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Aruba after breast surgery

+1
You should be fine to go to Aruba 2 months after surgery, provided you have an uneventful healing course. It is always best to be as close to your ideal weight as possible before surgery. That said, if you do not gain and lose weight in your breasts easily, 10 pounds may not make a huge difference. 

Recovery following breast augmentation and breast lift can be up to 6 weeks

+1

Recovery following any surgery is at least 6 weeks but in reality it takes 6-9 months for scars to start to mature. I ask my patients to be careful for 2 weeks after this type of surgery and allow them to resume all normal activity 6 weeks after breast sugmentation and breast lift surgery.

Web reference: http://www.casas.md/breast-augmentation/

Recovery after breast lift and augmentation

+1

Two months should be more than enough time to recover from a breast lift augmentation.  Recovery varies with a type of lift used.  If a small circumareola lift is used then the recovery will be quicker.  If a large boat anchor shaped incision is used the then recovery will be longer.  Achieving you ideal weight is not necessary and unfortunately people often gain the weight that is lost from diets.  A 10 pound weight loss will not make much difference in your final appearance.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant recovery time

+1

Everyone recovers at their own rate.  Some people experience very little discomfort following breast augmentation surgery and others experience much more discomfort.  In my career, I really haven't been able to determine a rhyme or reason to this.  When I use the Trans-umbilical breast augmentation (TUBA) procedure - a technique for inserting saline-filled breast implants  above or below the chest muscle using a small incision in the navel - my patients experience less discomfort and are able to return to full, strenuous activities two weeks after their surgery.  When I use more traditional approaches, I tell them not to do anything too strenuous for three weeks.

Recovery after Breast lift and augmentation

+1

I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for about 4 weeks after surgery.   After this time period, you will be cleared to resume activity as tolerate.   Please ask your surgeon about his/her specific postoperative care protocol.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Recovery for Breast Aug/Lift

+1

Routinely I tell my patients;

1- No exersize for 3 weeks.

2-Walk on a teradmill for 3 weeks and then anything that makes you comfortable, but wear a sportsbra.

Every physician has their own regimen, so discuss limitations with your doctor.

Recovery time from a breast lift and augmentation for taking a vacation

+1

Provided that everything goes well, two months should be a reasonable amount of time to allow for healing before going to Aruba. You would also need to be sure to protect your incisions from sun exposure and that would include the application of sun screen even when wearing a bikini (if you are planning to).

Though 10 pounds is not a massive amount of weight, it would be wise to try to lose as much of this as you can prior to surgery. Even getting within 5 pounds is more reasonable. It is not a tremendous difference but it can be a difference.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

Giving yourself two months to recover shoudl be adequate time for you to recover and go on vacation unless of course you have a complication.