8 Years Post Op and Having Gurgling in Right Breast. Is This Normal?

It has been 8 years since my breast augmentation and the last 12 hours I have been having some gurgling in my right breast. Is this normal? (My activities haven't changed but I have been on a no carb diet for 3 months and have lost 25 pounds)

Gugling sound after breast augmentation

+1

Gurgling sound the first month after breast agumentation is very common.  However any sound after that is unusual and requires investigation.  If you had saline implants and there is implant deflation, the breast size and shape will change.  If the leak is slow, it may take a few months for the change.  If you have silicone implants, an MRI is the best method for implant deflation.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Gurgling 8 years after Surgery is with NOT "Normal"

+1

With the exception of a few  days after breast Augmenttion when some of the air left from the surgery is pushed around the implant. In a few days the air is absorbed and tag sounds stop. A new onset of sch sound should suggest implant deflation. A MRI would readily diagnose any breast or implant issues. 

Gurgling implant

+1

New onset gurgling sounds like a potential leak of your implant. You should definitely get this checked out by your surgeon.

"Gurgling” 8 Years after Breast Augmentation?

+1

New onset “gurgling” 8 years after breast  augmentation is very unusual. My concern would be the possibility of leakage  of the implant. In person examination by a well experienced plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Gurgling is a Breast After Augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon for a patient to hear or feel something like gurgling for a few days after breast augmentation surgery. That is because of small air bubbles either between the implant and their tissues or small air bubbles inside a saline implant. Both are temporary because all the air is rapidly resorbed as part of natural physiological and physical properties. There is no way for new air bubbles to get in once the wound is closed without a massive chest injury releasing air from the lungs or a new breast operation.  If you are having gurgling I think you need to see someone for some tests, but in any case I can think of no reason it could come from either the breast or the implant.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD