Mini Facelift at 41, a Good Idea?

I am 41 years old and in excellent shape. I'd like my lower face to look more defined as I am starting to have too much fullness in that area. I had Restylane in my nasolabial folds /mouth area about 1year ago and I can still feel it under my skin.

Would a Mini FaceLift help my jaw line or perhaps filler in my cheeks to lift the area slightly? What I do not want is any more fullness in my lower face. My pic is with no smile so you can see me best. Thanks!

Cheek lift for early aging

+3

I can't see your neck in the photo so I will assume it is fine. A cheek lift or customized minifacelift would elevate the deep tissues vertically back up in your cheeks, make your face look more heart shaped rather than elongated and square. Your jawline wil be more tapered and jowls will be eliminated.

As Dr. Moelleken has said, this is NOT a canned branded mini lift like a Lifestyle lift.

A MiniLift with Liposuction does great for fullness/sagging in the jawline/neck areas in 40 yr olds.

+2

The fullness of the jowls/jawline does great with just liposuction alone for $2500 on special. But if there is sagging as well, then a minilift with liposuction is a great procedure with dramatic results for $6,000-8500 and can all be done safely and easily under local anesthesia. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini lift - needed at age 40

+1
A mini lift would enhance your beauty considerably.  Is it time? - a question that only you can answer.   If your appearance is distracting to you and there is an easy, safe and effective fix then by all means you should do it.  Consider the alternatives however which might satisfy you and buy you several years.  For instance revolumization of the cheek area with Voluma or Sculptra could give you a more youthful contour.   Although the picture does not depict your neck very well, if there is slight laxity there then a Thermitight neck tightening which has almost scars, minimal recovery and minimal anesthesia need might satisfy you. You should consult a competent plastic surgeon who has a variety of options that he/she might recommend.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

age 41 mini lift candidate

+1
 With only one limited photograph, it is for difficult to give  an honest opinion as to whether or not  a mini lift is needed. A mini lift is a limited procedure that lifts the jowls  through some incisions in front and behind the ears.  It does not address any neck laxity issues or fatty deposits in the neck either.  For many examples of facelifts, please see the link below

Ulthera vs. a mini facelift in Los Angeles

+1

One option to a mini facelift is a procedure known as Ulthera, which can tighten the neck and face without surgery and incisions. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Buccal Fat Resection May Be Alternative to Mini Lift

+1

Thank you for your question.  I suggest you consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for an examination and opinion.

It is impossible to tell from your photographs what would be the best procedure for you.  However if your examination shows a significant buccal fat pad in the cheek, buccal fat pad resection can thin the mid face or cheek region and create a mild depression beneath your cheekbones.

If however the  fullness is limited to the jawline in the jowl area, a mini lift is a better option.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Mini Facelift can help - it needs to be done properly though

+1

Hi Kellyfish,

You certainly have early signs of aging and "fullness" at your lower face / jaw line and given your young age a Mini Facelift can certainly be of help to you.

It is important that your surgeon customizes your procedure so it is effective and natural and not overdone and strange looking. Also of key importance is that they address the SMAS (layer of muscle and tissue beneath the skin) in a proper way to ensure long lasting results.

Kamran Jafri, MD

Mini Facelift at Age 41

+1

Age is less important than the amount of facial aging. It appears that a mini facelift with underlying SMAS elevation will improve your jawline and minimize any early jowling. Adjunctive procedures such as fat augmentation or the injection of fillers can be used to refine the facial rejuvenation.

Mini face lift

+1

If the neck is good then a mini face lift is ideal for you.

You do nnot need any thing to your eyes. Cheeks are narrower than the distance from one angle of the jaw to the other. this shoud be the opposite where the cheeck bone to cheek bone distance should be wider than the cheeks.

During the mini face lift this can be achieved by moving the fat up to the cheek bones. Choose a Board Certified PS with experience.

Minor Indications: Minilift

+1

As already noted, you have early signs of aging in your lower face and jawline. Although you could certainly wait several years before considering doing anything at all, a properly performed mini-lift will help to improve the appearance of your lower face and jawline. However, it is important to note that this will help you "stay ahead of the curve"; it is not likely to produce a very dramatic result. As Drs. Moelleken and Rand noted, don't allow this opportunity for rejuvenation turn into a major source of regret: stay away from the branded, heavily marketed quickie lifts. Do not be seduced by false advertising, do your research, and seek several opinions.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon