How Much Does a Mini Lift Cost?

i found the descriptions of mini lift procedure fit my need for moderate facelifting. can a doctor offer a price or cost range for the mini face lifting surgery?

Mini FaceLifts cost between $6000-8500 under local anesthesia.

Mini Facelifts are very popular and just what many patients need for roughly $6000-8500 and done under local anesthesia with less downtime and risks involved. It is still surgery though.  Sincerely,

David Hanen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini Lifts should cost between $2,000 to $8,000ish : pricing breakdown

There are many factors that can go into what a Mini Lift will cost:

1. Geographical Area / Competitive Market Price

2. Level of training of Surgeon

3. Market demand for specific Surgeon

4. Facility / Anesthesia fees if done under IV sedation or General Anesthesia

5. How much overhead a practice has and how much money they need to generate every month

6. Honesty of the Surgeon doing the procedure

7. How difficult a specific case may be compared to another

8. How often a Surgeon does the case (ie. if only doing a couple of surgeries a month they may jack up the price as much as possible)

8. If other procedures are also being done may get a lower price with a "package deal"

9. Some Mini Lifts are truly "mini" and should not cost as much as a more involved  Mini Lift

10. Highly skilled and experienced surgeons can apply these intangibles to the cost of the surgery

End of the day you have to factor many things into what a Mini Lift will cost but certainly should not cost much more than $8,000. Once you cross this value line then you should really be receiving a full facelift and all the work that goes into it.

The big key is to find out which type of facelift and which Surgeon is best for you and then find out about pricing.

Kamran Jafri, MD

How much does a mini-lift cost?

The range of pricing for a mini facelift will vary considerably based upon the training and expertise of your surgeon. Luke all plastic surgery procedures, there are ways to cut corners that could compromise safety and outcomes.  If you are making a permanent change to your face or body, do your research carefully and don't make your decision  based exclusively on a low price.

As you might expect, a mini-facelift is appropriate for patients with mild skin laxity localized to the lower face. It is not an adequate procedure for a patient who desires a significant correction of their neck contour. Mini-facelift incisions are usually limited to the area in front of and immediately behind the ear, whereas with a full face and neck lift the incisions normally extend into or in front of the temporal scalp (sideburn area) and along the occipital hairline behind the ear. A mini-facelift is appropriate for a relatively young facial rejuvenation surgery patient (usually in their 30’s to 40’s) who does not have deep nasolabial folds or marionette lines, does not have full jowls, and does not have major neck aging changes that require a full face and neck lift.

Your midface is aging very gracefully: you have a fairly smooth contour at the junction of the lower lid and cheek, a full and youthful-appearing cheek volume, and very mild nasolabial folds. In neutral expression the corners of your mouth are slightly upturned, which also is a youthful feature. So you do not need treatment of the midface, as would be accomplished by a more extensive High-SMAS face and neck lift.

I think that you would get the most for your investment of time and money from a lower face and neck lift procedure, with lateral tightening of the lower SMAS and platysma to create the most dramatic contour enhancement at the junction of face and neck. You have little to no fat excess in the area below your jawline, and while one would need to evaluate you in person to confirm this, it is quite possible that the rejuvenation of your jawline and neck could be accomplished from a lateral approach only, i.e. without a submental (below the chin) incision, and without a midline platysmaplasty (suturing the platysma muscles together in the midline).

Simultaneous structural fat grafting is now fairly routine in most facial rejuvenation surgeries, particularly among surgeons who strive to create truly youthful and natural-appearing results. While you do not have significant lower facial soft tissue atrophy, you definitely would benefit - as most facelift patients do - from fat grafting of the area below the corners of your mouth (which tend to gradually deepen into ‘marionette lines’) and the anterior jawline (the area between the chin and jowl which tends to become hollow over time). This will help to both turn the clock back and help your surgical results to be more long-lasting.

A tip regarding the surgical scars: you have a hairstyle that will conceal your incisions while they are healing, but ultimately you want to be able to wear your hair up or pulled back with confidence. Make sure the surgeon you select can show you close-up ‘before and after’ photographs of the ears, so that you have confidence that your face and neck lift scars will most likely be faint to invisible, with no distortion of the natural contours of your ears.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

4000-6000

If you are paying more than $6000, you are probably paying too much or you are getting more than a mini lift.

Nasimul Huq, MD
Niagara Falls Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Minilift.

Minilift costs can vary from different parts of the country.  The costs can vary from 5000-15000 depending on who you go to.  The most important thing is going to someone who has results that are shown in their before and after books.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs of a minilift or minimally invasive facelift procedure

The price for this type of procedure varies significantly depending upon where in the country you are located. The price in our part of Florida I've seen ranges from around 5500 to 7500 dollars. Our price including anesthesia, facility and professional fees is around 6550. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Facelift costs

Thank you for the question. The cost for a mini-facelift, as with any cosmetic surgery, varies widely by region and even between surgeons. In the San Francisco Bay Area, costs are anywhere from $7000 to $10,000 or more. Depending on the setting of the procedure (office, surgical center, or hospital) and the anesthesia technique used (local, sedation, or general), there may be additional fees. The key is to make a decision based on which procedure is going to give you the best results possible in a setting that you are comfortable with. I always counsel my patients as to the benefits and limitations of mini-lifts, so that they can make an informed decision.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a Mini-Facelift

Hi.  I charge $6750 for a mini-facelift.  If the surgery is done in my office under local anesthesia, there is a $200 supply fee.  If the surgery is done in a surgicenter with the patient going to sleep, this adds about $1500 to the cost.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost for a mini lift

The cost for mini lift is quite variable and it depends upon the 3 components: These are surgeon's fee, anesthesia doctor's fee, and operating room fee. Remember a mini lift tends to give mini results, so make sure you're performing the right operation for the right set of circumstances. For many examples of face lifting results, please see the link below to our facelift photo gallery.

Cost of Mini Lift--West Palm Beach

As with all surgery, the cost varies with area of the country, experience and reputation of the surgeon, type of anesthesia, surgical facility, and extent of the surgery.  I apply the name "mini lift" to a very limited cheek (and sometimes neck) lift procedure that I perform in my office surgical suite under local anesthesia.  The patient does have the option of having IV sedation at an outpatient surgery center.  At these two venues, the average cost would range from $3,600 up to $6,000, all inclusive of the surgeon's fee, anesthesiologist's fee, and surgical facility charges.  It all depends on just what the patient needs and wants.  Sometimes a really minimal "tuck" might be even less.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD