Alternative Treatments to Mini Facelift?

I'm 60 years old and look it. I want to have Mini Facelift but probably couldn't afford it, What would you recommend?

Alternative to a mini facelift in Los Angeles

+1

One good option to a facelift or mini facelift is the Ulthera procedure, which can treat the underlying loose fascia and tighten the face and neck without surgery. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

A customized Mini Lift can help you out at a reasonable cost

+1

Looking at your picture (and without the benefit of an exam) it does appear that a customized Mini Lift could be of help to you.

By "customized" I mean using incisions that are large enough to accomplish an effective surgery (in your case would be from the side burns going along the front of the ear and stopping at the ear lobe). Also it would be important for the Surgeon to go low enough beneath your jaw line to improve the area under the neck as well. And as always, it is crucial that the SMAS (layer of tissue and muscle beneath the skin) be handled in an effective way to give you long lasting results.

These are both easily achieved with local anesthesia which can have cost savings for you.

Also since a Mini Lift is not as much surgery as a full facelift then the overall price is lower as well.

Kamran Jafri, MD

Mini lift

+1

From your picture it would appear that you may be a good candidate for a facelift (health permitting).  The mini lift can give some results for a few months and will not likely improve your lower face and neck much.

Often a mini lift will be offered to you at a price that another surgeon may perform a full facelift.  This is what you need to pull and tighten your muscles.

Another option is Cellulaze to tighten your neck and jawline with long lasting results and relatively minor downtime.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and save for the correct procedure prior to making any decisions.  Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Full facelift

+1

Sorry, but just from the one photo you are probably better off having a full facelift if you are healthy.  Good luck with your decision.

Affordable Mini lift alternatives to facelift surgery

+1

Weslemoon,

Face lift surgery, including mini lifts, address the lower neck, jawline, and neck. Alternative cosmetic treatments, which are generally more affordable in terms of recovery time and cost are either (1) injecting material under the skin to add volume, and/or (2) resurface & smooth the skin (chemical peel, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion).

Lastly, before any specific cosmetic facial procedure, make sure you are already following skin care basics. Follow these general guidelines for beautiful, natural skin for a lifetime. Speak with a plastic surgeon specializing in facial cosmetic procedures to help outline a treatment plan for appropriate for you.

Sun Protection
Utilize daily sunscreen ,which blocks both UVA and UVB, covering hats, and sunglasses to help protect your skin.

Maintain a Healthy Diet
Your appearance reflects the food you eat.

Get Adequate Sleep
Inadequate sleep does more than promote baggy eyelids & skin.

Avoid Smoking
Premature skin aging is notorious in this population.

Keep Well Hydrated
Well hydrated skin functions better and can help maintain youthful appearance.

Be Gentle
Wash your face with gentle cleansers.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini lift or other possible corrections

+1
From your photograph I would not suggest a mini lift you need a full facelift in order to address the laxity of skin in the face and neck area. You would probably benefit from a laser skin resurfacing treatment to follow. I understand that finances are a concern but this should not be the determining factor on a type of Facelift you get. The most important thing is to be happy with the result and to do the appropriate surgery properly accessed for your Individual problems. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD