Mild Skin Atrophy Secondary to Kenalog Injection?

I had a 0.5mm granuloma on R calf injected 2 times 1 month apart. 0.05cc Kenalog 40 was used. Now I see a 5-6cm circle around the lesion with more veins and a slight grey appearance. Can small amount of steroid cause this and is there anything to re build the skin? Can it be permanent?

Steroid atrophy

+1

At times, there is nothing better than corticosteroid injections to make an inflammatory nodule resolve and surgery would create a permanent scar much larger than the lesion.  If subcutaneous atrophy did occur as a result of the steroiod injection, then fat injections can help raise up the skin level. It might take a few treatments.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.