How Long Does a Microdermabrasion Session Take?

I had microdermabrasion (for acne scaring, oily skin, and clogged pores) for the first time. To my suprise, the microdermabrasion portion only lasted about 5 minutes, and the "facial" for the rest of the hour. Is that normal? How long does it usually take?

Microdermabrasion 30 to 45 minutes

+1

At our facility your appointment for a microdermabrasion is scheduled for one hour. The microdermabrasion is only part of the treatment. After sanding with the microdermabrasion the esthetician then uses the remainder of your session  for a facial with cleansing .

Microdermabrasion lasts 20 to 45 minutes

+1

The larger areas will take a little longer. Vibraderm is an innovative new form of microdermabrasion that allows gently and efficiently covering larger areas such as the face, neck, even decollete and arms in a relatively short time.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

From 5 to 30 minutes

+1

A microdermabrasion treatment normally takes about 20-25 minutes. This can vary depending on the type of skin (sensitive vs. oily). Some add the neck and chest as well. A mask may be applied at the end. If done in conjunction with a facial it may have a reduction in time in order to accomplish everything. 5 minutes sounds awfully quick.

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon