Normal to Have Small Red Clots After Microdermabrasion?

Is it normal to have petechiae or small red clots after derma sweep microdemabrasion? I had my second treatment today and did not see these dots after my first treatment. I'm an Asian (Filipino), by the way. The aesthetician told me its normal and will fade away afterwards. Are these really normal?

Microdermabrasion and pinpoint bleeding

+1

Although you can get pinpoint bleeding or as you have described small blood spots, I would be a little cautious since the more aggressive the microdermabrasion treatment is then the more likely there can be some post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or even scarring. Especially in olive toned or skin with a little more pigment, you have to worry about getting some brown spots as the skin heals.

Make sure you are going to an experienced aesthetician who is supervised by a physician. They may need to adjust the settings on the microdermabrasion or review her technique. I hope this helps.

Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon