Will 360cc Extra High Profile Give Me a Beautiful Result on my Tiny Frame? (photo)

I'm 5'4" 113lbs, 29" ribs. My BWD is 10.7 & 10.4. My PS suggested 320cc Allergan style 45, but he will try to use 360cc's based on my desires, 32D. He said he doesn't use the EHP's often, but he "likes them in the right patient." Since my body and BWD is small, will the extra high profiles still look like pointy torpedoes or should they give me a full beautiful result? Who is the "right patient?" Will they widen the gap between my breasts since they are narrow? Will they live under my chin?

Extra high profile vs tiny frame

+2

Thank you for your question.  Your question says it all by the way.  You have a tiny frame and the implants you are considering are large and designed to be overprojecting. That sounds like a mismatch and I believe it is.

A more conservative size implant in a smaller patient with a relatively narrow breast base diameter is more appropriate. Sometimes a bit more volume can be used if a higher projecting implant is used but the EHP in my opinion will give a distorted look.  I would look for an implant which approaches your base diameter in the moderate plus style. Some diameter will help to narrow the distance between your breasts as well.

Best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hi profile or not

+1

I prefer medium profile gel implants.I use them 90 plus percent of the time and think they would be best for you.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Super high profile implants - what to expect.

+1

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you have narrow breasts which are spaced far apart. The super high profile (style 45) implants are likely to look very round and very unnatural. The implants will not change the distance between your breasts but they will accentuate the distance (make it more noticeable). Although you want a 'D' cup breast, there may be no way of giving you this without creating augmented, very full appearing breasts.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Extra High Profile Gel Implants

+1

Thanks for the question and for sharing your photos.  Based on the image of your ideal result, extra high-profile gel implants would give you a lot more projection and roundness at the top. Based on your frame, you could indeed feel like they are under your chin.  I know that you want to be full D, so a HP gel is a better choice based on your frame and BW. Implants don't change the distance between the breasts and you want your implants to be centered directly behind your nipple.  You should trust the experience of your plastic surgeon, and if you feel uncomfortable with his/her suggestions, it's always a good idea to seek a 2nd opinion.  Best of Luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD

High Projection Implants

+1

Hello there 

Determining the size of the implant that fits you is best done by careful measurement of the width of your breast . Thereafter size can be adjusted by increasing the projection of the implant . As the implant increases in projection and size the final result will more resemble the roundness of the implant . This can still look attractive but it is undoubtedly a more round look . So it comes down to your breast measurements and the look you are after. I have done many cases with implants of this size and shape in petite lasses but I wouldn't advise you without measuring you first. 

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Extra high profile implants work well

+1

Extra high profile implants work great and create beautiful results on the right patient.  Only your surgeon has the advantage of examining you and is in the best position to guide your decision.  An implant volume of 360 cc may create more size than the photo you have provided as the desired result, but, again, only the examining surgeon is in a position to determine this.  Make sure to show the desired result photo to your surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Best of luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Use of Extra High Profile Breast Implants

+1

I agree with your doctor that the use of these implants are for a selective group of people.  You are a small framed person.  From the description given, it sounds as if you are within that selected group, although I am not aware of any chest asymmetries, prominences or concavities.  Do your breasts have a large gap between them now? If so, the muscle may need to be dissected more.  THere are many variables to consider.  I am not aware of your cup size now or pre-operatively.  If you add a 320 to a size B cup, you will certainly be a D or DD.  The larger the implant size, the more artificial you may look.   I tend to use the EHP'S in mastectomy patients, but have used them for regular breast augmentation.  Your breast diameters are narrow and you would definitely need either HP or EHP.  It depends on your ultimate goal post-operatively.  The implants "should not live under your chin."  If they truely fit your breast diameter, they should settle with the nipple appearing in the center of the implant.  If you have a tight skin envelope with a minimal amount of skin between the nipple and fold, you will need to massage aggressively after the surgery to stretch the skin in the lower poles so the implants settle appropriately.

Thank you.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Implant selection in small frame patient

+1

If the photo on the left is you, you benefit from the use of a shaped silicone gel implant which will give you a more natural look.  If you want to be large breasted, you body frame and breast width dictate that you would need to use an extra high profile (Allergan) or ultra high profile (Mentor) implant.  So, you must decide if size or shape is your primary goal and go from there.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Will 360cc Extra High Profile Give Me a Beautiful Result on my Tiny Frame?

+1

My concern is that the  style 45 implants look unnatural on most patients, all the more so on a slender patient without much natural breast tissue. 

Your breasts are naturally wide-set, and the implants will not correct that, as to look ok they should be centered upon the nipples and areolas.

More natural would probably be moderate plus, but the size limit for your breast width would be under 250 cc. A compromise with high profile implants would allow closer to 300 cc. Either will look more natural than the EHP's. All the best.