Will Medicaid Cover Breast Surgery After Pregnancy?

I had kids and my boobs changed. One is bigger than the other and they sag a lot and the nipples are very deformed.

I wanted to see if I can get medicaid to help with my breast? Is there any help out there for this?

Medicaid does not pay for cosmetic surgery

+2

Hi Roxy,

Although you describe your breasts as "deformed", virtually all insurance plans consider sagging and droopiness to be cosmetic problems. Insurance companies, including government-sponsored programs such as Medicaid or Medicare, do not cover cosmetic procedures. If it bothers you tremendously, many plastic surgeons participate with third-party financing companies to help make surgery more affordable.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Medicaid for Cosmetic Surgery

+2

This would be considered cosmetic surgery and insurance companies do not cover cosmetic procedures.  In fact some insurances would go as far as not to cover any complications that can occur from cosmetic procedures.

Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Breast work and medicaid

+1

Unfortunately there is liitle to no chance of having this covered as it is considered cosmetic.

Medicaid and breast surgery

+1

the type of surgery you are looking to have is not considered medically necessary, just cosmetic in nature and is not covered by Medicaid, sorry.

Breast Augmentation and Insurance

+1

Although surgery for breast cancer reconstruction is covered, insurance companies will not cover breast augmentation surgery that is cosmetic in nature.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Medicaid for Breast Surgery

+1

Medicaid will only cover breast surgeries that are medically indicated, These include reconstructive surgery after breast cancer, and very symptomatic breast hypertrophy (large breasts) that fail coservative treatment.

Breast Augmentation is Not Part of Entitlement Programs

+1

Insurance will not cover cosmetic breast augmentation.

Breast reconstruction for deformities or after mastectomy can be submitted to insurance.

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Medicaid coverage of breast implant surgery

+1

Medicaid will rarely cover any breast surgery other than breast cancer reconstruction following cancer, in my limited experience.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/