Does Massage Work on Scar Tissue After Rhinoplasty?

Hi there i had open rhinoplasty 9mnths ago and have a tiny area of scar tissue around my nasal tip which is preventing it from settling as I wish. I don't want to have a revision or steroids as it really isn't that bad. Can anyone advise on massage techniques and if massage actually helps???

Scar massage after rhinoplasty

+2

The most troublesome scar after rhinoplasty is just above the tip on the bridge of the nose. Steriods can cause skin issues, and massage and pressure over the area of fullness for 15 minutes or so with well lubricated skin is a good alternative which might help. After nine months, there is little chance of you "shifting" anything.

Massage after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should not do any massage on scar tissue after rhinoplasty. Massage will not do anything for the scar tissue in your nose at this time. You will probably need a revision  if you are not happy.

Scar tissue after rhino

+1

I would have your surgeon take a look at it. What I would not do is massage it. This may cause a shift in the nasal tip cartilages and  is not going to help with the scar tissue. A small steroid injection may help if done conservatively.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon