Lumpy and Bumpy Stomach

Hello everyone... I had liposculture 2 weeks ago and I am not too happy with the results so far... My stomach is sooo lumpy and bumpy, I am freaking out.... I am doing lympathic massages combined with endermology... In how long should I see the results? I feel that when I wear my garment my stomach gets bumpier and harder... Please help!!!! Thank you

Liposuction verses Liposculpture and the healing process after liposuction.

+2

BE CALM AND PATIENT.   When you have plastic surgery part od the contract is that you must agree to the healing process. Lummpiness is a part of the healing pattern.  You will smooth out definitely with time.  You can do massage et  etc but 95% of improvement comes with TIME.   The healing precess takes one year.  This is what you signed up for. It is part odf the deal.  In 3 months you will be greaty improved.   And please remember that....LIPOSCULPTURE = LIPOSUCTION = LIPOSCULPTURE = LIPOSUCTION ETC ETC.   THEY ARE EXACTLY......YES EXACTLY...THE SAME THING The word liposculpture is a pure marketing term.   All liposuction is liposculpture and visa versa.  Good Luck.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and areas of firmness common just after liposculpture and liposuction

+1

First of all, you are still in the immediate postoperative period and are expected to be swollen with areas of firmness. This is not your final result so be comforted by this message and relax a bit. Massage can help manage firm lumps and bumps following liposuction/liposculpture.
Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  a  Liposculpture or Liposuction (Smart Lipo, Vaser, Tickle lipo, or conventional lipo) to minimize swelling. Make sure your surgeon feels that you have healed sufficiently  and it is safe before doing this
.  Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits) A low sodium diet may also be helpful early on.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Post liposuction results.

+1

I would start by saying BE PATIENT. Swelling, bruising and lumpiness can last a few months post surgery. The second week seems to be the most difficult for patients. You feel that you should see better results by your second week and become impatient when you don't. Give it some time, and if you are not happy by 6 weeks, then I would recommend to meet with your surgeon to discuss what can be done to fix your problem. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Lumpiness after Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question.  Please be patient! You are only 2 weeks out of surgery and it will take at least 4-6 months for everything to heal and for you to see your final results.  Keep communicating with your surgeon and doing the massage will help.  I ask my patients to wear the compression garment for 4 weeks after surgery. I also encourage getting out and walking as often as possible to help with the healing process.  Best WisheS!

Laser Liposuction Best Results

+1

The abdomen especially is prone to lumpiness and uneveness after laser liposuction the majority of which settles down with time.  3-6 months is when you should see your final results.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How do I treat a lumpy bumpy stomach after liposculpture

+1

Occasionally an abdomen will have lumps and bumps after liposculpture. You will need to wait 3-6 months for that to settle down. The best treatments are walking outdoors for 1 hour (4 miles) every day and taking ibuprofen. Walking accelerates healing and is an example of low impact aerobics which speeds metabolism of fat.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Lumpy and bumpy 2 weeks after LipoSculpture / Liposuction

+1

Two weeks is early to see results with LipoSculpture. Without seeing you it is very difficult to comment. However ultrasound therapy can help with lumpy and bumpy areas. Usually 3 to 4 sessions are all that is needed. Sometimes the garment can create folds and indentations since they are not custom made to your dimensions but are fitted as close as something off the rack can be. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. You may just need a different garment or extra padding over certain areas.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Lumps and bumps after stomach or abdominal lipo liposuction

+1

Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, if you trusted him/her to perform the surgery to make sure there are no treatable causes (seroma, hematoma). Lumps and bumps are common during this phase of healing and generally improve with time (3 months)