Liposculpture for Asymmetrical Breasts?

I have one breast that is about 1 to 1.5 cup size larger depending on the time of the month than the other smaller and perkier one. Can Liposculpture reduce the size, tighten, and raise slightly about 1/2 inch?

Liposculpture for reducing breast size.

+1
In general , the younger you are and the firmer your breast tissue is, the less liposuction or liposculpture will be able to reduce the size. The fattier the breast is, then the better chance to reduce it.  Be examined in=person by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is an excellent method of breast reduction

+1

Smartlipo liposculpture is an excellent method of breast reduction for one or both breasts. It is not a good method for raising the nipple-areola complex, but it will reduce breast size and reduce drooping.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Liposuction for the breasts

+1

Liposuction is a popular and effective technique to recontour the body. If you have a small difference between your breasts, liposuction may be a solution. Let the suction to the worst works best on the outer edges of the breast. If you're asymmetry is in the central portion of the breast you may be better served by receiving a breast lift procedure. These can often be done through minimal and non-conspicuous incisions around the areola.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Liposuction for breast asymmetry may help

+1

Liposuction for breast asymmetry can be helpful if your skin has good tone (no stretch marks and fairly elastic) and you do not need repositioning of the nipple. If you already have verticle nipple position asymmetry with the opposite breast then you may actually be happier with a very slight surgical excisional reduction and "lift" of the nipple. This can also be done with only minor scarring. Liposuction is effective if you have very soft, fatty tissue of the breast for reducing the volume, and no nipple placement asymmetry. Also you need to have some screening studies to ensure that your breast asymmetry is not something more serious before you decide to have a symmetry procedure performed.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to correct breast asymmetry

+1

To be an ideal candidate for breast reduction by liposuction alone, you have to have good skin quality and minimal sagging. Since liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten around the affected area, the breasts actually lift a little bit and there is virtually no scarring. It can be a quick and effective way of correcting breast asymmetry. Liposuction reduction may even prevent sagging from ever occuring if done in younger patients.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Liposculpture correction of breast asymmetry

+1

You need to very careful when you liposuction a breast. The contraction of the skin is unpredictable and can lead to "emptying a sack" and getting more drooping. My guess is that you would probably need a bit of a lift once everything is healed from the liposutioning. Be aware that you may need a second procedure with associated scarring of a breast lift. Alternatively you could have a breast augmentation on the smaller side or a traditional or modified breast redution on the larger side.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast asymmetry

+1

As Dr. Aldea nicely stated, liposculpture is just a conceited way of describing liposuction to make it sound more elegant and better. The procedure you are proposing might give you better but not perfect symmetry if your breast is more fatty than breast tssue and if your nipples doesn't need to move up much and if your skin doesn't have stretch marks and might therefore shrink adequately. There is a strong possibility though that what you really need is a lift and minor reduction to get the result that is best. Check with a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can do both procedures and help you figure out the best plan.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Liposculpture for asymmetrical breasts

+1

Liposculpture is a trade name of Sound Surgical, the company producing the VASER liposuction machine. (Although, I use and like the VASER , I find this use amusing and I must confess that it always sounds way too pompously delicious to hear a Doctor 90210 TV participant say with a raised chin and barely opened mouth: "Sorry, I do not l i p o s u c t i o n, my dear. . (pause) I l i p o s c u l p t u r r r r e ...")

Liposuction removes fat. It will not shrink skin. If your larger breast is larger because it has more fat (not more gland) tissue, some VASER liposuction will reduce the larger breast and it MAY go up a bit because it has less weight. However, it is unlikely to significantly tighten the breast skin.

I would recommend you obtain a mammogram BEFORE such liposuction. The procedure will cause some scarring of the breast. If in future years you undergo a mammogram, it would be VERY helpful to see how you un-operated breasts looked like.

Good Luck.

Liposuction of the breasts - Los Angeles

+1

Liposuction can help reduce mild asymmetry of the breasts, but is not useful as a breast lifting technique. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Liposuction of Breasts

+1

Although liposuction may be able to decrease the size of a breast  to some degree,  it will not achieve any meaningful breast lift. Given the potential issues with mammography  and  potential scarring/calcification,  I  would prefer surgical excision for patients who present with the significant breast asymmetry that you describe.