Slight Blister or Bubble After Juvederm

Hi, I had Juvederm injections in my top lip almost a week ago and love the result. The only thing is that there is a slight bubble type thing on one side that can not be seen by anyone, but I can feel when my lips are together and with my tongue if I lick them. What is this and should I have it treated? Thank you for reading.

Blister or bubble after lip filler

+1

A bubble on the lip may be filler that can be massaged to flatten out a bit. If it is a blister you may have developed a herpetic outbreak and should see a doctor.

Lump with Juvederm

+1

As long as you cannot see it do not worry about a lump that you can feel.  If it really bothers you you can have an injection to make it dissolve.

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blister or bubble after Juvederm

+1

At about a week out, it is most likely that this "bubble" is a localized collection or lump of the Juvederm material. I would manually roll the lip between the index finger and thumb a few times a day and the material should re-distribute. If the lump is still present after 2 weeks, consider a followup with your treating physician.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist