Lump from Cool Sculpting? (photo)

Hi, I am slim build but had lower ab fat. Had 1 CoolSculpting and saw results 7-9 months later. While I am happy with a flatter belly, I was left with a lump on the right side of my belly button the size of half a golf ball. I thought a 2nd treatment would help. They concentrated on that side. 6 months later no change. It absolutely was not there before, and it is definitely noticeable. I actually feel self conscious in a bikini now, when I never had before.Any advice on how I can get rid?

Lumps after Coolsculpting

+2

The lump might be scar tissue or even a lipoma.  Check with your plastic surgeon to make sure it's not one of these.  Either way, a little standard liposuction might do the trick to smooth out the area.

Problems with Zeltiq

+2

Thank you for providing a photograph of the CoolSculpting treated abdomen but a doctor would have to examine a patient in person to visualize and manually inspect an area to determine what is the cause of any irregularity post Zeltiq CoolSculpting. A doctor would try to determine what type of tissue is creating the bulge, such as redundant skin or fat or muscle. Is it a preexisting hernia that is more noticable now from having had fat reduction.Is it a lipoma or hematoma or seroma? I have not seen lumps after CoolSculpting yet.

Ronald Shelton, MD