Is It Normal to Miss a Period and Have Blood in Your Stools After a Coolsculpting Procedure?

I had the procedure done last thursday and was supposed to get my period 2 days later, I'm currently on birth control so my menstural cycle is pretty regular. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Is this common?? As for the bloody stools I just started having the in the last 3 days.

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq should not have complications of bloody stools or a missed cycle

+1

For anyone that has bloody stools, chances should not be taken, and those people should see their doctor! Possibly it's hemorrhoids or a fissure (a small split in the mucosal lining) but other more serious causes must be ruled out!  There shouldn't be a reason to have missed a cycle from CoolSculpting. Please discuss this with your doctor too. A repeat pregnancy test by your doctor should be ordered.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Blood In Stool Not Side Effect of CoolSculpting

+1
Blood in your stool is not a side effect of CoolSculpting, and is something you should see your doctor about as soon as possible. The side effects of CoolSculpting can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Need to see your doctor asap

+1

I don't do cool sculpting but can't imagine it has anything to do with bloody stools.  You need to get in right away to see your general doctor for an exam!!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS