Girdle and Massage After Cool Sculpting To Reduce Swelling?

I just had Cool Sculpting done on my abdoment. Would wearing a girldle help reduce the swelling? Would massage help move out the frozen fat cells?

Cool sculpting and massage

+1
Massage is a component to the treatment.  I also prefer some light compression.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

Girdle and massage after CoolSculpting

+1
A compression garment is not necessary after a CoolSculpting treatment, but can still be worn to provide comfort if desired. Massage may help with swelling, but again neither are necessary or have shown to improve end results.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Compression garment and massage after coolsculpting for fat loss

+1

We routinely recommend compression garments for liposuction as there is a group of tunnels in the fat that need to compress but this is not the case with CoolSculpting so we don't routinely recommend them, but there is nothing wrong for a patient to try to see if they can obtain comfort. Some patients do develop exquisite sensitivity after coolsculpting not allowing them to wear clothing that applies even just moderate pressure so they certainly wouldn't consider wearing a compression garment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Compression Garment Following CoolSculpting - CoolSculpting Complete

+1

In my practice, we do provide each patient with a compression garment as part of the Coolsculpting Complete experience. We do believe that compression can make patients feel more comfortable and secure. Additionally, we offer vibrational therapy to help increase lympahtic drainage which could possibly enhance the results of Coolsculpting

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Girdle and/or Massage after Coolsculpting?

+1

Wearing a compression garment and/or massaging the area after Coolsculpting may help with the swelling - although it hasn't been scientifically shown to do so.

I do not think it will hurt.

Treating swelling after Coolsculpting

+1

Gentle massage should help the swelling go down a little faster.  You may also want to avoid sitting a lot and walk around to help as well.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD