Lose Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm 5'11", 200 lbs. with a BMI of about 27. I'm trying to get down to 150 lbs., which depending on how much fat I lose, should get me down to a size 8. Is it best for me to lose the weight before getting my Fat grafting/Liposuction/Brazilian butt lift?

Should I lose weight before my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+8

Hi there-

The answer would really depend on your goals for body and buttock contour and volume...

In most cases, I would say that you are probably better off having the surgery first, in order to have the maximum amount of fat available to your surgeon for your buttocks. Once you have the body shape and buttock volume you want, you can lose whatever weight you still want to lose (you may not feel you have as much in excess after the re-shaping of the operation), comfortable that the new shape will be maintained.

Please also read her about how best to choose a plastic surgeon:

Brazilian Butt Enhancement

+2

If you need to loose 50 lbs, I would recommend losing 25 lbs first; then from your picture I think you are ideal for sculpting your body by liposuction around the illiac crest and back that alone will shape your buttock. However I would use that fat to transfer to the buttock.

Then you can lose the rest 25 lbs with minimal effect on the buttock.

For your Buttock to look at its best, remove the fat on the illiac crest, back, and may be the stomack. Transfer that fat to the buttock and you will have an excellent result .

Provided you have an experienced Board Certified PS.

Weight Loss Prior to Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. You currently have a very square shape (which is more common than most people realize).

The liposculpting will allow your surgeon to bring in your hips and waist giving you more of an hour glass figure. You already have some shape to your buttock and this will be able to be enhanced to give you a very attractive buttock.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants.

I typically tell patients that they should be at their ideal weight prior to their Brazilian Butt Lift surgery. I don’t want patients losing weight after the surgery as they can lose some of the fat that was transferred to their buttock.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Johnny Franco, MD

Lose Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
Thank you for your question . 

You are good at that weight to have a Brazilian Butt Lift.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Should I lose Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift ?

+1

Best Weight for Brazilian Butt lift -
A physical exam and review of your medical history is important to answer your specific question. In general however it is best to be at your stable long term weight to reduce the probability for revision surgery. It makes little or no sense to loose or gain weight for a surgical procedure unless you can maintain that weight for many years.

The reason for this is that the fat cells tend to remember it origin and behave that way. In other words when you lose weight you will also shrink the size of the fat cells transferred to your buttocks

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Weight loss and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

People often lose sight of what a Brazilian Butt Lift is and when it is indicated.

Brazilian Butt lift is adding volume to a close to or perfectly shaped - but volume deficient buttocks. If you have such buttocks filling them strategically with fat WILL make them much more appealing.

On the other hand, if you do have large buttocks which are NOT attractive (which is the case with many women), it is far more important to first use liposuction to sculpt out and recreate attractive an butt BEFORE (if ever) any fat is added to augment their volume.

In your case, you have full buttocks which are only deficient in fat on the sides (the area doctors call the trochanteric depression). The only reason why your buttocks SEEM flat and unattractive is the ramp of fat extending from the low back to the tops of the buttock cheeks which obliterates and covers the natural "V Zone" valley normally seen as the cheeks diverge. ALL of this can be unveiled and recreated with liposuction and fat grafting to the cheeks (Brazilian Butt lift) may not even be needed in your case.

To learn everything you need to know about BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT and BUTTOCK ENHANCEMENT, follow the comprehensive link below -

Dr. P. Aldea