How Soon After a Brazilian Butt Lift Can a Person Have Sex?

When is sex okay after Brazilian Butt Lift?

+6

Hi there-

I ask my patients to refrain from sexual activity for 4 weeks after surgery, in order to allow the fatty tissue grafted to "take", for swelling to subside, and for you to become comfortable.

Please read more about your options here: 

Sex After The Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

This is a very common question. I always ask my patients to wait 4-6 weeks before engaging in sexual activity. Your operating surgeon will know your body best and will be able to give you the most specific guidance.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

When can I have sex after brazilian butt lift

+1

Every surgeon will have a different recommendation.  This is mainly dependent on you, it depends on when you feel comfortable, and when the swelling has gone down.  In most instances, it is best to wait for about 4 weeks.

Dennis Dass, MD

Sex after brazilian butt lift.

+1

This is a question that every surgeon will have a different answer for. I recommend patients to wait until they feel comfortable post surgery to have sex.

Jaime Perez, MD

How long after Brazilian Butt Lift to have sex

+1

The important part is not to put any pressure on the Butt.

If you can do that, you can have sex when you are comfortable. Find the position that avoids pressure or trauma to the buttock. And you are comfortable from the lipo areas. Good luck.

Sex after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

This is one of those things that is entirely surgeon dependant.  When I perform this procedure I ask my patients to refrain from sex for atleast 4 weeks, but preferably 6 weeks.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Definitely discuss this with your surgeon

+1

How long you have to wait is best determined by your surgeon. We all do things a little differently and know what works best for our patients using our individual techniques.

With my patients I always recommend at least 3-4 weeks for this procedure. Sometimes longer is necessary depending on how much swelling and discomfort they are having.

With this procedure, you definitely don't want to do anything that can jeopardize the survival of the fat cells. So, "when" also depends on how creative or how adventurous/extreme you are.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD