Gaining Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift

I want to get a Brazilian butt lift and I want to gain weight. What should I eat and how many times a day?

Gain weight if you need to for Brazilian Butt Lift

+4

If you really don't have enough fat to use for the Brazilian, then gaining a few pounds is a good idea. But, first I would consult a Plastic Surgeon experienced with the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure to be certain that you really don't have enough fat for the procedure. If you don't, then gaining 5, 10 or 15 lbs might be a good option. I have to disagree with the prior post. There is nothing "unsafe" about gaining just a few pounds, especially if you are so thin that you have no fat that can be removed. Eat healthy foods, but eat more of them.

Make sure you're a Brazilian butt lift candidate first

+2

First, you need to make SURE you are a candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift and can afford the operation. That being the case, it is not hard gaining weight -- just look around you. We are a country full of experts on how to gain weight -- make sure you do not overdo it.

Living in Miami, you are close to my friend Dr. Tino Mendietta, one of the world's experts on Brazilian Butt Lifts. Why don't you see him in consultation and find out what your options are?

Gaining weight before a Brazilian Butt lift

+1

Thank you for the great question, we hear this quite often. A Brazilian Butt lift is a safe and effective procedure to contour the butt and abdominal area. When we perform this procedure, the amount of fat that we can transfer to the butt is determined by the amount of fat that a patient has on their body. For this reason, patients with extra fat in these areas will have more tissue that can be transplanted to the butt.

For best results, your best bet is to only work with a plastic surgeon board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. Such a surgeon will be able to assess you before the surgery and determine how much fat can be safely crafted and if this will accomplish your goals. In our practice, we have had many patients who have purposely gained weight before the surgery to provide more fat and tissue that can then be transferred to the butt. Be sure that you review your goals with your plastic surgeon as they should be able to tell you if gaining weight is necessary and if so how many pounds.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Gaining weight before my Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

In select cases it can be helpful for a patient to gain a bit of weight before surgery, but it would not be possible for me to advise you on this without first meeting you, discussing your goals, performing an exam, and reviewing options.... In other words, without first figuring out if this operation is indeed in your best interests...

Your best bet, as my colleague has recommended, is for you to first find a surgeon you like and trust, review the above with them, and AFTER you have been told the operation is an option for you and you are ready to go, ask whether gaining weight would help you achieve your goals.

You can find advice on finding a surgeon here:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Generally not recommended. It is not safe or healthy to try to gain weight so that you can have the butt lift. If you dont have enough fat, then you may be a candidate for gluteal augmentation with implants.

As the previous post recommended, go for a consultation and see what your options are.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Weight gain for BBL

+1

I don't recommend weight gain in preparation for surgery.  You want to be as healthy as possible for surgery, and you want to be at a stable weight, so that your results are more predictable.  

Dennis Dass, MD