Should I Lose Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift?

Hello, I am having a BBL on May 24th, I am 5'6" and weigh 163 lbs. I normally like to be around 150 to 155lbs but am worried there wont be enough fat for harvesting. Would it be okay for me to lose 10 to 15 lbs before the surgery?

Losing Weight before Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Transfer to Buttock)

+3
Fat is an energy storing tissue. If you have a Brazilian Butt Lift where fat is transferred from one area to another and THEN decide to diedt and lose weight the volume of ALL your fat cells, including the ones in the buttocks, will go down. It is better to be at your ideal weight and NOT sustain weight fluctuations when having body contouring cosmetic surgery, including Brazilian Butt Lift. Dr. Peter Aldea

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

When you have a Brazilian Butt lift, you need as much fat as possible.  Not all of the fat is useable and some of it dissolves after the transfer.  Remember that you will be having liposuction to the areas where you have excess fat.  So that fat will be removed from the areas that you don't want it and transferred to your buttocks.  You can always lose weight after the procedure, but I suspect your figure will be greatly enhanced that you won't feel that weight loss is necessary. 

Stanley Castor, MD

Best weight for Brazilian Butt Lift............

+2

When considering the Brazilian Butt Lift, it is always best to be "close" to your ideal body weight, but not so close that you don't have enough fat to be removed and transferred to your buttocks. At 5'6'', "Ideal" body weight is 130 lbs. That may not be the weight where you are happiest with your figure, so 150 may also be reasonable if that is where you feel most comfortable. At 150, you will most likely still have enough excess fat around your waist line and possibly your thighs to provide significant filling of your buttocks and a beautiful shape to your waistline. What you don't want to do is lose weight after this surgery or your buttocks will most likely shrink also. I find patients get the best result when they are a minimum of at least 10-20 lbs above their ideal weight, but not more than 50 lbs over. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+2

You need as much fat as possible.  In my practice I do not ask patients to lose any weight when I am considering fat grafting to the buttocks.  There will 20-30% fat absorption post-op. In your case, my recommendation is not to lose any weight.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

What Weight Should I be Before my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. You currently have a very square shape (which is more common than most people realize).

The liposculpting will allow your surgeon to bring in your hips and waist giving you more of an hour glass figure. You already have some shape to your buttock and this will be able to be enhanced to give you a very attractive buttock.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

Ideally you want to be at your normal weight prior to surgery so that your surgeon knows what they have to work with for your augmentation.  If you gain weight for the procedure and then lose it after the augmentation you could lose some of the fat that is transferred.   

The process of the Brazilian Butt lift is not only to add volume to the buttock, but to transform the entire shape of the patient from a square appearance to more of an hour glass shape. It is about giving a patient a figure that she will look great in close or a bikini (for the patients here in Miami). The goal is not to just try and make the biggest butt possible. It is giving the patient a shape they will love for years to come!

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Johnny Franco, MD

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

Brazilian Butt  enhancement require a lot of fat transfer. If you want to loose a little 10-15 LB , you can do that first.

But now you can get a major body contouring by liposuction of several areas and do the fat transfer and you will get a very good figure, and a major buttock enhancement and definition