5'2", 130 lbs., concerned my short torso and hip bones will not lead to a good appearance post BBL. Should I still pursue this?

I am 5'2", 130 lbs. (Fat might be extracted from my back and the roll around the waist in addition to abdomen/flanks in order to get an overall attractive appearance.) However, I am worried about my bone structure. I have a short torso and My "hip bones" are above my crotch giving the appearance of love handles and an overall square shape to my lower body, and I fear that this may not give me the attractive curve that should appear around the butt. Should I still pursue this surgery?

FAT TO THE BUTTOCKS, TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING? THE RIGHT AMOUNT?

+3

The fat transfer to the buttocks in large amounts is referred to by the marketing term brazillian butt lift in some circles.   This is simple transfer of large amounts of fat.  Is the fat in the right place?  Possibly?  In my opinion the excessive fat transfer simply converts an athletic trim fit look to that of a person with a large , round  buttocks and an  " I have  never exercised one day in my life look."  If the buttocks appears flat then a flank liposuction with fat transfer in a logical amount gives a pretty buttocks and retains a very athletic look.   Be aware of marketing terms.   Remember the fit athletic look will usually win.  And lastly.....do you really want to look like a couch potato.   See surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surghery and be a wise thoughtful consumer of plastic surgery.   I wish you the very best and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY 2011.    DR COMMONS.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Volume, Volume, Volume: the more you have, the more that can be transferred. Only an examination by an experienced surgeon can tell you if you have enough fat to transfer and what the results would be.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Brazilian Buttock Augmentation

+2

Without an examination, It is difficult to say if you have enough fat to be a good candidate for a brazilian buttock augmentation.  Based on the picture, I would guess yes - you should have enough excess fat. The procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Schedule a consultation to see if you are a candidate for Brazilian butt lift.

+2

It seems you would be a good candidate for Brazilian butt lift.  Schedule a consultation with a board vertified plastic surgeon to make sure that you will not need any skin tightening procedures around the abdomen as well after the excess fat is removed.

Candidates for buttock augmentation (Brazilian buttock lift)

+2

Based on your photo, you appear to be a a very good candidate for fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift). I agree that you have a square appearance to your lower body and buttock. This will be dramatically improved by liposuction of the love handles, mid-back, lower back, plus the abdomen.  Your butttock will not only be fuller and shapelier but your overall gluteal/lower back contour will be quite attractive.  Your height and weight also make you a great candidate; of course you would need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon to confirm this in person.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt lift candidate

+2

During Brazilian butt lift, fat cells are gently harvested from areas of the body with excess fat and transferred to the buttocks. My goal during buttock enhancement with fat graft is to create a youthful, fuller and lifted buttocks without implants. Based on your photo and description, your will benefit from fat grafting to your buttocks. Brazilian butt lift is not just injection fat into your buttock. In my practice, buttock lift includes shaping and sculpting the area around your buttocks using liposuction.

To ensure the best outcome and safety, always do your research and select a cosmetic surgeon who is a board certified Plastic surgeon.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+2

You seem to be ideal for Brazilian Butt Enhancement. It all depend on your expectations . Only after a complete history and physical examination one will be able to tell how much fat you have and what to expect. You need to communicate with your plastic surgeon about your expectations and desires.

Good Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift Fat Transfer

+1

By your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but an exam by a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss outcome expectations.

Most patients don't realize that only about 20-25% of fat removed is suitable for fat transfer. Also, not all of the fat that is transferred not all survives. Realistic expectations are important for best out come and satisfied patients. For some patients, more than one fat transfer procedure is required to obtain the size they want because injecting too much fat at one time has diminishing returns as less fat survives than if less is injected. In other patients, inadequate fat from other areas may limit the buttock enhancement size.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift

+1

During a physical exam, I typically evaluate the different factors that are creating an abnormal shape of your buttocks. Certainly, having a bony structure that is abnormal will make the procedure harder. I have seen patients that have a high hip, which creates some problems when sculpting the buttock and hip areas. Now, I have performed fat transfers in some patients with an abnormal bony anatomy, and typically you need a significant amount of fat to sculpt and cover the abnormal bony proportions. Consult a plastic surgeon to determine if your shape is mainly due to your bone versus your structure, muscle, or fat distribution.

Wilberto Cortes, MD