If I Gain Weight Will I Mostly Gain in my Butt After Brazilian Butt Lift?

First of all I just want to say thank you to all the doctor that has been answering all my question, it helps a lot. I heard that after Brazilian butt lift and I gain weigh, I will most likely to gain at my butt since there is more fat there and that fat will enlarge if I gain. You see, if I gain weight now it only go to my stomach, never to my thigh or butt. So, if I do get Brazilian butt lift by using the fat from my stomach, back will that fat behave like it use to? Will I only gain in my butt

You will likely gain More in your butt than would have otherwise.

+3

I have performed many Brazilian Butt Lift procedures over the past 13 years. I have seen women return years later who have gained additional weight years after their BBL procedure and have seen significant increase in the size of their buttocks.
I do believe that the grafted fat cells continue to function as normal fat cells do. They increase in size with weight gain and decrease in size with weight loss. If you have more fat cells in your buttocks after having the BBL done, then I would expect you will gain more weight in your buttocks with weight gain than if you hadn't had the procedure. This will not be the only area of gain, but you will see more gain in your buttocks than you ever have before with that same amount of weight gain. So,if you are looking for a larger buttocks DO NOT plan to lose weight after the BBL, because your buttocks will shrink! Lose it before the surgery!

You will also not gain as much in your stomach area after the liposuction of this area because there will not be as many fat cells remaining there to store the fat.

Weight gain after buttock aug

+2

You will likely see your weight gain everywhere after a Brazilian buttock lift but since there's more living fat there, it will likely grow more there! The reverse could be true as well, so be careful to not lose a bunch of weight!  Best wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Weight gain after Brazilian buttock lift (augmentation)

+2

You will likely see your weight gain in a uniform distribution after a fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift).  The weight or fat that you gain after surgery will not necessarily all go to your buttock area, some will.  The rest may be accumulated in your abdomen, thighs, back, arms, etc.  Some people are more prone to collect weight in certain areas (ex. abdomen in your case) however you can not control where your newly gained weight will be deposited.  Also, if you lose weight after this surgery, you may also lose some of the fat/volume from your buttock as well.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Weight gain after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

A brazilian butt lift is done to change the shape and contour of your butt. Once healed, the change in shape and contour will be permanent. Minor changes in body weight will affect your overall size, but the enhanced contour of your butt will change to the same degree as every other party of your body, thus preserving the new shape.

Mark Preston, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

There is no reason to believe that you would gain "only in" your butt after a Brazilian Butt Lift...

After fat grafting to your buttocks, you are correct that you will have relatively more fat cells in the buttocks area that can collect fatty tissue and enlarge, but you will still have fat cells in other areas of your body as well.

What my patients usually experience with changes in weight is a head to toe gain or loss, with the new shape achieved through the Brazilian Butt Lift being maintained through these gains/losses.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Where will I gain weight after a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If you gain weight after liposuction or a fat grafting type of butt lift the weight will go where the fat cells are.  I tell my patients that after lipoplasty procedures have settled down they will gain weight uniformly in the areas of fat cells.  I did have one patient who told me that after a tummy tuck and some liposuction that she gained size in her bust and she was ecstatic.  I wouldn't bet on that though!

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Gain weight increase Butt

+1

If you gain weight (more than 5-10 pounds) and you had a buttocks enhancement from fat grafting, your buttocks will also increase in size.  Fat cells are living cells and respond like other living cells in your body.  Remember that cells generally increase in proportion so other areas in addition to your buttocks will also increase in size.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Myths about Brazilian butt lift....

+1

After Brazilian butt lift, if you gain weight you will gain all over or in the areas that you are prone to weight gain.  It is untrue that you will gain weight only in the buttocks area.  If you are looking to have brazilian butt lift, you have to be at your ideal weight and not planning to have children in the near future.  Weight loss/gain effects the end result of any liposuction or lipoinjection procedure.