Will a 100CC Decrease in Silicone Make a Cup Size Difference?

Currently I have 500 CC HP silicone unders, they are far too big!! I am need a decrease and I am thinking of going with 375CC, or 400CC. Will 100CC decrease make a significant difference? A cup size atleast?

Maintain projection with decreased implant volume

+2

If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the breast size after 100 cc reduction.  However, another alternative to consider is a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange your implants with smaller ones, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants are more stable long term, look and feel more natural, are less likely to ripple or to have complications that need revision.  It is possible that you can go down to a smaller size and still obtain the projection you want.   

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Silicone Implant Cup Sizes

+1

Thank you for your question. Cup sizes are a very vague thing as cup variations from one manufacturer to another are difficult to predict.  A "B" in one brand is a "C" in a Victoria's Secret and there is no standardization of bra sizes so the question is hard to answer, and would be dependent on which type of bras was used.  The bottom line is decreasing 100C is significant, and the concern may be if the decrease in volume requires a lift if there is skin laxity.  That would be the question I would be concerned about.  In the same brand of bra, I would guess that at least a half to a full cup is a reasonable expectation. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Decreasing implant size

+1

A 100 cc decrease in implant size will equal about 1/2 cup size decrease.  If you are looking for a full cup size decrease then consider the 200 cc range.  

Implants too big

+1

I tend to agree with the other surgeons about decreasing the size of your implants more than 100 cc. You did not give your dimensions (height and weight) but generally speaking, 500 cc are pretty large and a drop of 100 cc might not be enough.

I would agree with downsizing to 300-350 cc.

Gil Kryger, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

A drop of one cup size is about 200 cc. But avoid going too small.

+1

If you feel that your breasts are far too big, then you should consider a reduction of more than 100 cc.  You will probably be happy with something in the 300-350 cc range.  Go online (Allergan or Mentor or whatever manufacturer you will be using) and view the implant dimensions.  You will see that a drop from 500 cc to 400 cc is not that much in terms of the dimensions of the implant.  You need about a 200 cc reduction to drop one bra cup size.  But you don't want to go too small either. I rarely insert implants with a 300 cc volume any more.  You don't want a third operation!  Good luck!

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implant downsizing

+1

Without photos or an exam it is difficult to predict how much a 100 cc reduction will achieve. In general, 200 cc is about a cup size. This is variable as well because the amount of breast tissue you have will influence this difference. 100 cc in a large breast will be a less significant change than in a woman with much less natural breast tissue.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and offer their opinion. Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

To drop a cup size from 500 mL implants, 350 mL is probably the size to retreat to.

+1

If you want a definite decrease in the size of your breasts of at least a cup size, I think you should go at least down to 350 mL.

+1

Any answers you get here will be based on inadequate info since there are no photos or breast measurements. 

There are no uniform standards for cup size, so thinking in terms of those letters is of limited value. Many surgeons on this site feel it takes 150-250 cc of implant to account for one cup size. This is not an exact science. 

All the best. 

A cup size change?

+1

The change in cup size will depend on your original size.  In general, around 200cc will be required to change a cup size.  However, larger breasts will require an even larger volume for this change.

Andrew M. Lofman, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon