How Long to Wear Compression Garment After Vaser Neck Lipo

I am 32 years old male with good skin and I am planning to go for NECK and jaw vaser lipo. My surgeon ( board certified) has suggested me to wear compression garment for at least a week. As I can't take leave from work. All I can wear is maximum for 4 days 24/7 and then only in the night from 5th day. Is this realistic?. Will my result be affected by wearing garment only 4 days. Will I have a issue in my neck/swelling that it gets visible in public if I go back to work after 4 days? Thanks.

Vaser neck lipo--how long to wear compression?

+2

I too recommend one week (minimum) day and night, removing it only for (very gentle) showering and perhaps eating. Then I have patients wear compression at night for an additional week, reminding them to NOT lay flat for three weeks after surgery. I ask them to use a recliner chair or put a sofa cushion under their mattress so that the head is not at the same level as the heart (which increases swelling). At 4 days you may not only have visible swelling, but also bruising. You need to plan for this potential!

You are advised to follow the advice of your doctor. No matter how much you wish it to occur, you can NOT speed up the metabolism of healing and tissue adherence. If you do not wear compression, you could develop fluid pockets or scar fibrosis that could lead to a poor result of even re-operation. (You might follow your doctor's advice if you have to do things twice!)

I'm not trying to be harsh, but so often patients (who have a life and these very real considerations) think they can "break the rules" and still get the results they want. Some may actually "get away with it" and think that they can do that kind of rule-breaking all the time in all sorts of situations. In surgery it's a fool's gamble, and one that good surgeons have to put up with all too much. Perhaps you can take personal time off, or work from home. Perhaps you doctor will see you on your fourth post-op day and allow limited compression removal. But whatever you do, if you don't follow your doctor's advice, don't expect him or her to "fix" your less-than-desirable result.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment after Neck Lipo

+1

For my patients undergoing VASER lipo of the neck, jowls and chin, I typically have them wear the compression garment post-operative for 5 days 24/7 then for another 2 weeks all the time when they are not in public. Lymphatic massage and external ultrasound helps to minimize edema afterwards and get you back into the public eye faster. Sleeping with your head elevated also is mandatory.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

+1

We have some patients with the same issue as you, and the ideal is to keep it on 24/7, but some compromises have to be made.  The outcome will vary from one patient to another.  Ask your surgeon their opinion as they can see and examine you.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment after neck liposuction

+1

I recommend two weeks of neck compression day and night after neck liposuction with the Vaser system. You can remove it for one hour three times per day. Thereafter, use at nighttime for two more weeks. Some patient's protocol may change depending on lifestyle needs and degree of liposuction performed. From El Paso.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon