How Long Do You Have to Wait to Smoke Again After Having VASER Lipo?

I am not a chain smoker and I never ever drink. But roommates smoke and our friends do also. Will being around the smoke impact my results? And also, I do smoke sometimes. How long do I have to wait to smoke again? They say 2 weeks, is that okay? Or should it be longer? THANKS so much for your responses. And yes...I already know smoking is awful for you.

Vaser liposelection and smoking

+1

I recommend 2 weeks prior to surgery stop smoking and 2 weeks after surgery. Vaser liposelection can be done under oral sedation, iv sedation or general anesthesia. Usually for larger volumes I use general anesthesia and the anesthesiologist also recommends not smoking for 2 weeks before and after surgery. If you are smoking less than 1/2 a pack a day the resluts should not be greatly impacted but it is better not to smoke as we know the complications are higher in patients that smoke or are around alot of second hand smoke.

Vaser Lipo

+1

The first two weeks are the most critical.  If you can wait for the first 3-4 weeks, this will be better. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

No Smoking

+1

After a VASER liposuction procedure, you will want to discontinue smoking for at least a week.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon