Realistic Expectations for Vaser Recovery?

I am 32 years male and planning to have Vaser liposuction in my abdomen and flanks only. I have seen some videos where the patient just walks out after surgery. I am planning to drive alone for the surgery and also drive back home for 20 minutes. Can I do it all alone without freinds/relatives?. Will I be in the condition for drive back to home?

Vaser Lipo

+2

We do this here at out facility, but we prefer to have a driver as the garment is sometimes restrictive and turning around to look for cars is dangerous.  We also like to give a little Valium for a nice rest which will making driving a car compromised. Most of our patients have a driver or take a cab/town car.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Should I drive after liposuction?

+2

The easy answer is that you definitely should not drive yourself home after VASER liposuction.  Even if it is performed under straight local, I ask that someone accompany all of my patients home following their procedure. 

It's always better to be safe than sorry!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

VASER and driving the same day

+2

I perform a fair amount of VASER procedures. Even when I use straight local anesthesia, which is rare, I would not advise anyone to drive til the next day. If you should get dizzy on the way home, you could become involved in an accident. I would advise you to have someone with you until the next day. It is just plain prudent to do so. 

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, sometic surgery

+1

I would encourage you to have someon with you.  Liposuction is real surgery and it does result in pain and discomfort.   Many times I have my patients discuss their experience with interested patients.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

What to expect after VASER of the abdomen

+1

unless your physician is planning on doing the procedure under straight local, it wouldn't be safe for you to drive home. Additionally, you may have some discomfort afterwards and it would be safer for you to have someone pick you up. 

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD