Vaser Lipo Areas?

Hi, I am wanting Vaser Liposuction but am confused what classes as an area and how many "areas" I need doing? I would class it as my whole trunk! The bit above your bra(back),the sides of my tummy and my whole abdomen.Oh and the fat at the bottom of your back,might be called flanks?How many "areas" is this and can you have all areas done in one go? Thank you for your time/ Sophiex

Vaser Lipo

+2

This will vary from one practice to another.  We classify the abdomen into two areas, upper and lower with the umbilicus the demarcation line.  The back has the lower “love handle area,” the bra line, and axillary area.  Ask for the detaisl when you have a consultation.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser liposuction

+2

Unfortunately every doctor has slightly different classifications for  what constitutes an area. In my practice the areas on the torso are: hips or flanks  just above the hip bones   to the waist ,back which is the upper flank area that includes the bra line and lateral axillary fat,abdomen which includes the entire abdomen because almost all people need upper and lower done even if it does not seem like it does. There are also smaller areas such as the pubic area and the twist which is the fat  in the middle just over the tailbone. However  other doctors  have different classifications and half areas for what I call full areas

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

What exactly constitutes Liposuction Areas?

+2

Regarding: "Vaser Lipo Areas?
"

Surgical centers and hospital outpatient surgery centers artificially divide liposuction into cumbersome areas as a way of billing per area. It would be far easier to charge per unit of time. I suspect that people's definition of what exactly constitutes an area vs. another varies from facility to facility and would suggest you best focus on having each surgeon you see give you his thoughts on the cost of correcting all the areas that bother you rather than getting bogged down in this otherwise meaningless verbal exercise.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Vaser sites

+2

What the areas are called and "how many" areas is just a convienent way of packaging. Ultimately you tell the plastic surgeon what you want done and he translates that into the convienent descriptions and costing.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction areas

+1

How does one define an area of treatment?  This is arbitrary based upon the given doctor. Ask the doctor you are seeing or his staff.