How Long After Rhinoplasty Until I Can Wear Glasses?

When can you wear glasses after rhinoplasty

+2

The timing on when you can wear your glasses again after rhinoplasty depends on a few things:

Were there nasal bone fractures done during surgery. If there weren't then there isn't really any limitation to wearing glasses with the understanding that you may get some temporary depressions on the skin where the nose piece contacts your nose.

If you did have bone fractures done during surgery (osteotomies) then I usually tell patients to wait 6 weeks before wearing glasses again. While the nasal cast is on the first week it's okay to wear them, though.

The important point, though, is that you should follow whatever instructions the surgeon that actually did your surgery tells you.

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+2

I let patients wear their glasses after two weeks with the warning that they wil see depressions (temporary) from the nose pads and possibly get some irritation and sensitivity. I suggest they use "frame ups" to hold the glasses off the nose  or tape the bridge to their forehead if possible. Ideally you don't want to put anything there for 4-6 weeks but not everyone has contacts.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may wear glasses without protection one month following your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

If you would require osteotomies during your Rhinoplasty Surgery, you would need to wear a light, removable splint for a month after your surgery. A light, removable splint would disperse the weight of your glasses along the length of your bridge. This would eliminate the possibility of leaving an indentation where your glasses lie.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

When can I wear glasses after Rhinoplasty?

+1

I advise all of my Rhinoplasty patients to avoid wearing glasses for at least 6 months.  This corresponds to the typical time, after a Rhinoplasty, that the nose swells most.  Pressure from glasses distorts the nasal tissue and is the single most common factor, IMHO, that ruins the final result. 

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

The short answer is that it depends on the work done and your glasses.  Two week out is relatively safe in most cases.  Although swelling will be present and the nose pads will leave temporary depressions in the side of your nose these will go away.  Speak with your plastic surgeon and guide your level of anxiety about achieving the best result possible.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will be safe for glasses after four weeks, though have your surgeon take a look at the bridge of the ones you plan to wear as you may get by after two weeks depending on the shape. The first week or two you may have to hold them up, or tape can help to avoid pressure.

perterejohnsonmd