How Long Does the Swelling Take Place After Having Ultherapy Done? (photo)

I recently got Ultherapy done on Tuesday, September 10th. I am 34 years old and only received it on my cheeks, jaw line and upper lip. It is the 3rd day after and I still notice major swelling on my cheeks and jaw line. When I smile I look like a chipmunk. I assume this will go down? Is there a timeframe of when the swelling is likely to start subsiding? Thank you, DBZ

Tissue Swelling After Ultherapy

+1
If the transducer is kept perpendicular to the skin, such swelling is trivial and minimal. This swelling will resolve in a week or so. There should be no long term swelling in the treated areas. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Swelling after Ultherapy

+1

Typically after Ultherapy, swelling is minimal. Occasionally, one can develop "welts" or localized areas of swelling. This is uncommon and usually subsides after a few days.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Swelling after Ultherapy

+1

Occasionally I will see swelling in my San Antonio Ulthera patients.  Most of this swelling gets better after the 3rd day.  Some patients will use Arnica to help with swelling and bruising.  Has your swelling improved yet?

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy recovery

+1

There is typically little to no recovery time with some redness lasting a few hours after Ultherapy. If swelling continues and does not lessen, consider revisiting your doctor.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Swelling will subside, but it may be days for it to subside

+1

By the third day, many patients still have some swelling after Ultherapy treatment.  In our office, we've seen patients swell for just a few days, to even weeks after the procedure.  Each individual is different, and everyone heals differently.  Arnica montana can be used to help with this, and in severe cases, a oral steroid can be prescribed to help - but this is not typical.  It's best to discuss this with your practitioner so he or she can guide you during your recovery.  Regardless, be patient and the results and swelling will improve over time.  Good luck!

Samuel Sohn, MD