Can Ulthera Be Done on the Neck Only, or is the Lower Face with It Necessary?

I have wrinkled neck, and bands [I will botox them] and not really happy with my profile. I just paid for a future visit for neck only, mainly because I am afraid of the pain, would like to take it slowly. Don't some procedures only work when all the muscles are done at once [the neck and lower face functions are connected?]

Skin lifting and tightening- technical points to consider with Ultherapy

+2

You can certainly limit the area treated. But if you think of Ultherapy similarly as to tailoring a pair of slacks you have a better sense of the entire picture. If you have pants that are a little large and also a little long, you'd very likely not only hem the pant legs, but also adjust the rise and the waist and the seat if needed.

The same holds true for heat based tightening technology. If you want the most effective "tailoring" you should incorporate the entire lower face. All those tissues are interconnected so the tightening and lifting above will certainly impact the improvements you get below.

There are advanced medication options we routinely use to make Ultherapy work for you without sending you through the ceiling. But you'll find that most all the truly effective procedures come with some level of pain or discomfort and depending upon the levels you are willing (or not willing) to withstand, appropriate anti anxiety and pain prevention measures can be used.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Best Ulthera Treatment for Neck

+2

Hi Daisy,

Ulthera can be performed in segments such as only your neck, or only the mid face, or even just the upper lip.  The best results from Ulthera are seen when the full face and neck are treated.  We use all we can to make the procedure as comfortable as possible for our patients with local anesthesia.  See the referenced videos below for more information.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. Persky  Encino,CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Ulthera can be done on neck only but not what I would recommend.

+2

Ulthera was recently FDA approved to be done on the entire neck. Best result for the jawline would include the lower face as well to get some lifting above the jawline. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Ulthera for the neck

+1
The optimal effect would be best combining the neck with lower face, however it is not necessary they be done in the same session.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Ultherapy - Neck or Neck and Face

+1
Since the skin drapes the entire face and neck, the best clinical results are seen when the face and neck are treated simultaneously to treat skin laxity. Treated the lower face tightens the skin and also pulls on the skin of the neck to produce the desired effect. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

+1

It is absolutely possible to focus Ulthera treatments to only one area instead of doing the whole face and neck area. You will see more dramatic and impressive results if you do the entire face and neck area however.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ulthera On Neck & Lower Face

+1

Ulthera can be used to treat just the neck, however for optimal results the neck and lower face should be done together. This doesn't mean you won't see results, but because the muscles are connected throughout the neck and lower face, it would be best to treat both at the same time.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Neck Ultherapy Treatment for Non-Surgical Lifting

+1

Ultherapy can be done on particular areas of the face, but there is a benefit to having ultherapy treatment on the neck and lower face at the same time.  Since the muscles of the lower face and neck are interconnected, tightening and firming the lower face will help to lift and firm the neck as well.  For optimal results, full face and neck treatment is recommended.  Many of my patients are concerned with pain, but we are able to adjust treatment settings if the patient is feeling too much discomfort.  Also, we can prescribe medication to increase comfort and keep the patient at ease during the procedure.  I hope that you find this information useful!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best results from Ulthera are achieved when the full face and neck are treated

+1

You can definitely decide to treat only the neck area. Ultherapy can be performed in sections however the best results from Ulthera are achieved when the full face and neck are treated. We keep our patients as comfortable as possible throughout the treatment with pain prevention methods. I would recommend you meet with a facial plastic surgeon to review your treatment options.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera for Targeted Treatment

+1

Ulthera can be used to target specific areas for skin tightening; therefore, it can be used on the neck only. You may find that best results for wrinkled neck and jowls occur when at least some of the lower face is done as well.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon