How Long Does It Take to Recover from a TCA 25% Peel?

How long does a TCA 25% peel take to recover? My dr. advised me that it takes 3-4 weeks?  I find this hard to believe since I had the peel 3 weeks ago and am no longer peeling.

Recovery from a TCA peel

+1

Recovery varies greatly, depending on the depth of the peel.  A 25% peel can be superficial or very deep, depending on how and to whom it is applied.

TCA peel

+1

TCA peel depth depend on the concentration and how many layers the TCA is applied. Properly done it can take from one week to twoo weeks. Deeper than that it is very deep and will leave a scar.

Keep your follow up with your Doctor

recover from a TCA 25% peel

+1

Recover is on average 3 days to 1 week. But you should discuss this with the peeling doctor in detail so you are not un informed. Be careful out there.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Medium depth TCA peels take aprox a week to finish peeling, leaving the skin pink and refreshed.

+1

25% TCA takes aprox a week to go thru the cycle of peeling.  Once completely peeled the pink skin is fresh and new and needs lots  of moisture.  The pink fades a little each week until the skin color normalizes.  It is important to use sun protection especially if you are olive in complexion. 

Good Luck.

Orange County Dermatologist

Recovery from a TCA 25% peel

+1

The peeling typically starts 1-2 days after a medium-depth TCA peel, and continues for up to 1 week.  Pink discoloration or redness, however, can persist for up to 1 month, possibly longer.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Peeling done in a week. Results in a month.

+1

The peeling from a medium depth peel should be complete by 7 days. The improvement in the skin's appearance continues for several weeks after that. I think most people see their final result by one month.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist