How Soon After a TCA Peel Can I Use Retin-A?

I did a chemical peel, and now healed and peel and skin is done peeling from the process. How soon can i start using my retin-a micro, and i would like to start using the obagi nu derm system, but do not want to start using any chemicals on my face, unless its okay.

Peeling and Retin-A

+1

Once the peeling is done, you can start the retin-A. Best to start for a couple of hours & wash off every other night & increase gradually the duration. Sun screen use daily is a must to avoid pigmentation problems.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Peels

+1

It depend on the depth of the peel you had. Always ask your own surgewon who did the peel for their advise. They know the depth of the peel and when it is safe to start retin A

First, ask the treating dermatologist

+1

I can only tell you what I do in general, and always defer to the experience and treatment recommendations of the dermatologist who sees you regularly and knows your skin. In most patients, I restart Retin A after 7-14 days, depending on the skin type and the peel method used. And as always, sun protection is CRUCIAL.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist