How Long Can a Person Expect to Have Drains After Having a Mini Tummy Tuck?

+2

It can vary to the amounts draining. In most cases a week but I have had them in place for 2 to 3 weeks if the drainage is still over 25 cc's per day. 

Removing drains after a mini-abdominoplasty

+1

Drains, if needed, will generally be removed in 5 to 10 days.  The drainage should be less than 30 cc over a 24 hour period prior to removal.

After Mini Tummy Tuck drains are usually removed between 3-5 days

+1

A Mini Tummy Tuck involves a much less extensive dissection and surgery than a full Tummy Tuck or Abdoominoplasty, thus there is typically less drainage.

Some surgeons do not use drains after a Mini Tummy Tuck.

However I prefer the "rather safe than sorry" approach and do use small drains after a Mini tummy tuck. I do not want to take the chance that there will be a small collection of fluid which could later require needle draiunage.

Typically I am able to remove the drains by 3 days or at most 5 days.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty/

How long do drains stay in after a tummy tuck

+1

Drains are typically removed about one week after a tummy tuck procedure. This time period may be a bit longer or shorter depending on the amount of fluid that is coming out from the drains. Your surgeon will let you know more specifically at the time of your consultation.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Drains after a mini-tummy tuck

+1

Every plastic surgeon manages drains a little differently.  In most cases, suctions drains are left in until the total output is less than 30cc (one ounce) for a 24 hour period.  There are some plastic surgeons who prefer to not use drains, and instead utilize progressive tension sutures and/or tissue glues.  It is best to clear up this issue with your plastic surgeon ahead of time to avoid any confusion.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Drains depend on the surgeon and the procedure

+1

If your surgeon uses a drain he/she will likely keep it only until the output is about 20-30 cc per 24 hrs which would be less than one week for a mini tummy tuck.  If your plastic surgeon preserves the lymphatics in the fat that are on top of your abdominal wall he/she may elect to not even use a drain for a mini tummy tuck.  I always use a drain regardless since I think it can only help.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Mini Tummy tuck and post op drains

+1

Although, there is no set rule for drain removal after a mini tummy tuck, most surgeons will remove the drains when the drainage falls below 30 cc in a 24 hour period.  In most cases the drainage will decrease to this amount in 5 to 7 days after the tummy tuck is performed.  Wearing a compression garment and limiting excessive fluid and salt intake can help to shorten the length of time the drains need to remain in place. 

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Drains with tummy tuck

+1

all abdominoplasties can be treated with or without drains,,  surgeons preference

drains remain till there is less than 30 cc or one ounce per day.

usually 3-5 days

Drain Removal after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck may have 1 or 2 drains and most of the time they are removed by 7 days, but sometimes a bit longer. However, some surgeons can do a "no-drain" abdominoplasty or mini-abdominoplasty. For more details, Google Search: gutowski progressive tension suture abdominoplasty

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Drains after tummy tuck

+1
I usually remove one at one week and the second a few days later, so long as there is very little fluid coming out. If the patient lives a distance then I teach her how to take the second one out. I rarely take both out st the one week point.
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon