How Long Should a Patient Wait to Let Botox Wear off Before Getting an Upper Eye Lift?

How long will Botox take to wear off before my eyelid surgery?

+1

Botox as well as the other neurotoxins that are available to us in the United States currently typically last 3-4 months.  I therefore recommend that you wait 3-4 months prior to your blepharoplasty.  It is ideal for there to be no muscular relaxation when planning for the blepharoplasty. Best of luck to you. I hope this was helpful.

Upper blepharoplasty evaluation after Botox treatment

+1

The most accurate evaluation can be made after the effects of the Botox have worn off (typically 3-4 months).  This way the brow and upper lid relationship and upper lid skin excess can be best assessed.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox and eyelid surgery

+1

There are 2 important questions to ask about this topic:1:  Can I be evaluated for eyelid surgery if I have had Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin) injections recently and 2. Can Botox injections be done at the same time as blepharoplasty.  The answer to the first is that it is best to wait until the effects of Botox has worn off as it can affect the appearance of the lids in subtle (or not so subtle!) ways.  The answer to the second is that, in my experience, it is best to avoid performing Botox injections on the same day as blepharoplasty, brow lifting, or other procedures which may produce significant swelling in the areas where the Botox is injected as this may lead to unwanted spread of the drug and unpredictable effects.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and blepharoplasty

+1

If you are going to be evlauted for either a brow lift or blepharoplasty, it is best to allow the Botox to wear off. It usually takes 3-4 months to wear off.

Play it safe

+1

Because most eyelid anatomy is affected by the position of the brow, it's best to allow the Botox effects to diminish.   This, in most cases, takes three months.  

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon