Can It Take Longer for Botox to Work in Certain Places in Your Forehead?

I just got Botox on Sunday in my forehead. It seems to be working great except on one side. With every facial expression one eyebrow stays in place and the other raises (kind of the the actor the Rock). Will the other eyebrow eventually not move too or do I need to get more injections on that side?

Assymetry of eyebrows is normal, but can be fixed

+2

Dear teetee9,  Everyone starts with asymmetric eyebrow position and movement.  Even with ideal injections, it's common for one brow to move more that the other.  usually you will see the maximal effect by 2 weeks.  at that point you can return to your doctor to evaluate the movement and symmetry and you might need a tiny dose to relax the remaining moving muscle.   No need to worry.  Best of luck

Botox and Asymmetry in Forehead

+1

Botox and other neuromodulators can take up to two weeks to work.  I wouldn’t worry and the unevenness is something that usually does even out within that amount of time.  If after 2 weeks you are still concerned with the result then I would follow up with your treating provider.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Results after Botox treatment

+1

Some muscle areas may be affected sooner than others.  With Botox, you will begin to notice an effect in 1-2 days, and see the full effect in approximately 7 days.  If you still notice asymmetry at that time, it's always possible to improve this with a little touch-up.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox on the forehead

+1

Usually Botox on the forehead takes about 5-7 days to work. Give it some time. If it si not right than see your doctor to correct it.

Can it take longer for Botox to work in certain places

+1

Yes, it can take longer for the full effects of Botox to kick in to all affected muscles. It can take up to 7-10 days to see full results. While this can be frustrating when you have a muscle that still moves vs. one that doesn't, getting injections in that area too soon could potentially lead to over-injection in that area which could cause ptosis or drooping. So wait until the full 7-10 days have passed and if you still have movement you weren't expecting, see your injector for an assessment and possible touch-up in that area.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD