How long will I need to have my splint on if I'm getting a non displaced nasal fracture fixed?

i broke my nose and it got a little crooked. the break isnt severe but its still a little noticeable. im getting surgery on it a week after the break. also will the doctor just nudge the bone back into place and are there any serious complications?

+1
A non-displaced nasal fracture does not need to be fixed!  If the surgeon is going to fix your nose, you probably have a minimally displaced fracture.  This will require splinting for at least one week.

Nasal fracture

+1
A nasal fracture should be splinted to protect it if it is at all originally displaced and requires a reduction.  The splint usually stays on for a week.

Displaced versus non-displaced nasal fracture

+1
A non-displaced nasal fracture does not need to be repaired, and just left alone and will heal just fine on its own. A displaced nasal fracture can be treated with closed reduction or open reduction depending upon how twisted the nose is. For closed and open reduction of a nasal fracture, we leave the cast on the nose for one week. For many examples and more information, please see the link below

Closed Nasal Bone Reduction

+1
Splints or casts are typically left in place for 5-7 days after any nasal procedure involving bony work.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Splint after nasal fracture repair. How long?

+1
Depending upon the severity of the fracture I typically leave the splint on for 5-7 days. Given that your injury sounds relatively mild that time range is most likely what your surgeon will recommend for you. I hope a speedy recovery for you!

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non displaced nasal fracture

+1
The splint stays on for about 5 to 7 days. The surgery is called 'Closed Reduction of Nasal Fracture'. It is relatively quick procedure and recovery is fast. The biggest risk is the bones moving back into the fractured position and the crookedness coming back. 
CAUTION: I have had a few times where the nose was mildly crooked before the injury but the patient was not aware. At the time of surgery the bones would not move. Only on reviewing old photos it appeared that the injury did not cause the deviation. 
So take a close look at old photos in frontal view (straight shots) to make sure you do not have a crooked nose to begin with.
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal fracture splint and care

+1
Most surgeons leave the splint on for a week.  Whether the treatment will require more than simply realigning bones depend on whether there are any cartilagenous forces pushing to the side.  If that is the case, additional surgery will be required either at the time of reduction or later.  Your surgeon should be able to further advise you as to the possibility of additional needed treatment.

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon