My Face is Still Swollen Four Weeks After Getting Juvederm, What's The Cause?

I had my first injections done on my nasobilobial folds in December. In January I went back and the injector touch me up. My face has been swollen and is very sore ever since. Today is the 26 Jan. I am putting Arnica gel on the right side where my lump is but it is not helping. What is the matter and should I have some of it dissolved?

Swelling and Juvederm

+2

I am slightly concerned that you went back for what you called a "touch up". Juvederm touch ups are not recommended unless very specific steps are followed: 1. Did you pay for the touch up? If NOT, I am even more concerned. Was it a new syringe? 2. Syringes of filler are sterile when they are opened and need to be used all at once. Unless you really know this injector and his/her practices on keeping people's syringes (which can really only be done for a few weeks maximum), you could have gotten a touch up from a syringe which was not actually yours, or that was somehow contaminated. It is NOT normal to have swelling 4 weeks later, but more than that, I am very concerned about this touch up, and what possibly happened as a result of this.

Swollen Face 4 Weeks after Juvederm

+1

Swelling 4 weeks after Juvederm is not normal. Juvederm does tend to attract and hold water and tissue fluids which may be causing the swelling. Perhaps too much product was injected. Although very unusual, soreness may indicate a reaction to the Juvederm. You need to be examined by your physician.

Juvederm and swelling

+1

Are you sure you are expereincing swelling or maybe you were overfilled with product? You should see your doctor for an evaluation.

Swelling after juvederm

+1

Swelling four weeks after injection is out of the range of what I would consider normal. You should go back to the doctor and determine whether this is swelling or excess product. Then you can decide on treatment options.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm

+1

everyone one is defferent, i would ask if this is the first time for you?  

also do  skin test for this product

lastly call the mfg to ask this

Micki Ly, MD
Maui Dermatologic Surgeon