How Long Does It Take for Hypopigmentation Spots to Go Away After a Photofacial?

I am about 18 or 19 days post photofacial/photorejuvenation. My hyperpigmention is gone and most of my hypopigmented spots are blending in with the rest of my skin. However, I have two laser shaped lighter spots on my forehead temple. These areas were definitely the most traumatized after the procedure. They seem to be getting better, but I want to know how long it usually takes for hypopigmented spots to color up after the procedure. I am very concerned they will never go back to normal.

How long does it take for hypopigmented spots to darken following photofacials.

Currently there are no effective treatments to darken areas of hypopigmentation.  Photofacials will only treat hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation following photofacials generally lighten over time (the length of time can be extensive).  Hypopigmentation following light based treatments are generally permanent.

Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Photofacials will not treat hypopigmentation areas.  I would encourage you to wait a few months for pigment to return.  Make sure to protect your skin with sun screen and minimizing sun exposure. 

Sam Naficy, MD

A FF will not remove hypopigmentation spots, only remove the dark marks around them.  You may need 3-6 months for the pigment to normalize.  Avoid the sun and use spf 30 or more.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon