How Long Will It Take for the Numbness to Go Away After Smart Lipo? Will I Be Permanently Numb?

I just want an answer to this question so I can know what to expect for my healing process. I am a great healer and did very well for this surgery. It's only been 2 days and my incisions are closed and are already disappearing. I am not severely swollen but the numbness, I am concerned about.

Numb after Lipo

+1

You will not be permanently numb, but the numbness will last a few weeks. It is completely normal; make a follow up appointment with your surgeon to check on your healing process.

Numbness after Smart Lipo at 3 Days

+1

There is usually a certain amount of numbness after liposuction, and this does tend to improve over about 6 weeks to 6 months.  Sometimes, it improves faster than this.  Alot of this depends upon the extensiveness of the liposuction and the size of the area treated.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Numbness following Smart lipo

+1

Almost everyone experiences some degree of numbness following liposuction regardless of the type (smart lipo, vaser lipo, liposculpting, etc).  In most cases the numbness will resolve in the first few weeks.  At two days post op it is still very early.  try not to be concerned, I believe this will improve greatly in the coming weeks.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after SmartLipo

+1

Numbness after liposuction of any kind and particularly laser assisted liposuction is very normal.  The superficial nerves that give sensation to the skin are injured with the procedure.  The majority of your sensation will return in the next few weeks and definitely by 6 months.  Good luck with your recovery!

Numbness after liposuction

+1

It's very normal for there to be numbness after liposuction, whether you have a laser used during the procedure or not. The numbness typically lasts weeks to months. In my almost 18 years of performing liposuction, and after almost 6000 procedures, I can't recall anyone having numbness beyond 6 months. Don't worry!

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Numb after liposuction

+1

In general, patients often have some numbness after liposuction possibly more so with laser lipolysis or ultrasonic devices.  It usually gets better as the swelling dissipates.

Numb

+1

Numbness cab last several months. You had a large disruption of sensory innervation that simply takes time to resolve

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Numbness after lipo

+1

Usually the numbness will completely resolve by six weeks to three months.  It would be unusual to have a large area of permanent numbness.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon