How Long Should I Wait After a Laparscopic Procedure to Have Smart Lipo?

I had a laparoscopic procedure January 23rd and am planning on having Smart Lipo on March 14th in my upper and lower abdomen and flanks. I want to be sure that enough time is given for my body to heal before the lipo. My skin incisisions from the laparoscopy were healed between 3 days - 1 week. (One actually looked like a mere tiny scratch after the 3rd day.) So I guess my real concern is the healing from the inside of my abdominal wall.

Smart Lipo following Laparoscopy

+2

I believe it should be safe to have your Smart Lipo after waiting 6 to 7 weeks following your laparoscopic procedure.  However, you should check with both surgeons to make certain this would be appropriate in your case.  Best wishes.   

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo

+2

I would think that is an adequate amount of time to heal properly and have the procedure performed.  Just remind your surgeon of your recent procedure.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Lipo after laparoscopic surgery

+2
sounds like 3 or 4 months should be more than sufficient to have the procedure safely done as long as your doctor is aware of the situation.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Laparoscopic Procedure and Smartlipo

+1

I would get clearance from the other surgeon and remind your plastic surgeon of this, but I usually recommend about 3 months between surgeries.  This varies on the types of procedures performed.  Laparoscopic procedures involve a wide variety of procedures.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php