Exercise After Smart Lipo? 10 Days Post Op.

I'm 10 days post op and DYING to exercise! I am a power lifter and aerobics instructor. I'm used to exercising 2-3 hours a day so this is very hard for me. I feel great! Not even the littlest bit of pain. When I had my stitches out a few days ago the lady said I was healing fast and she would ask the doctor next week (he is out of the office all week) if I could start exercising. I just want to make sure I won't develop a seroma if I start doing some light lifting and lower impact cardio.

Exercising after Smartlipo

+1

You should be fine to exercise at least one week after the procedure. Make sure to listen to your body, do not push yourself.

Exercise after Smart Lipo at 10 Days Postop

+1

I would not recommend powerlifting and aerobics so soon after liposuction, but if little was done this may not be unreasonable.  Every patient will be different, but I usually do not let liposuction patients perform vigorous activity for 4 to 6 weeks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Exercise after Smart Liposuction...

+1

Recovering from liposuction depends on the amount done.  Small areas done with Smartlipo can heal faster than large areas done with traditional liposuction.  Typically you should wait two weeks before exercising, and when you start, be sure not to over do things.  If exercising makes you swollen, then you have to scale it back some.  Before you do start to exercise, be sure discuss this with your surgeon so he/she can give you the green light.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo and post op exercise

+1

After any liposuction including Smart Lipo, it takes a period of 2-3 weeks for the liposuction areas to heal.  Exercising early causes increased blood pressure and could result in swelling, bruising or fluid formation (seroma).  It would be a shame to compromise your results by not waiting long enough to heal.  Give things another 7 to 10 days before starting your exercise program.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and working out

+1

I think that you should ask your surgeon about exercising after surgery. In my practice after a patient ahs liposuction they can start working out usually within a week to ten days after surgery.

Exercise

+1

I assume you had abdominal lipo. If so, I would wait at least two weeks but, you need to to follow your doctors recommendations . Walking is good but the strain of lifting weights may cause a problem.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Wait two weeks after Smartlipo to start exercise

+1

I recommend waiting two weeks after Smartlipo to start exercise.  Patients may walk immediately afterwords and can start with light cardio after two weeks.  It is possible to develop a seroma after Smartlipo though I have not seen one after thousands of cases using this routine.  If your doctor says wait two weeks... then wait two weeks.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon