How Long Does It Take for Juvederm Bumps to Go Away?

Is it best to postpone Juvederm treatments until the bumps from the previous injection are gone?

Lumps an Bumps

+1
Lumps and bumps usually resolve on their own, once the filler starts to get incorporated with your own skin tissue. It would be best if you book a follow up appointment with your injector in 1-2 weeks, and he/she can massage any residual lumps or bumps at that time.

How long does it take for Juvederm bumps to go away?

+1

If there are “bumps” after the injections, you should go back to see the injector. The MD, RN or NP can assess the bumps and see if they can dissolve them with an injection of hyaluronidase or make them go away with a laser treatment like the ReFirme or another method of their choice.  You don’t necessarily have to wait until the bumps go away before getting more injections.

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm should not cause bumps if properly injected

+1

After 25 years of injecting many different types of fillers, I have NEVER had a patient complain about bumps or request having a treatment reversed. I recommend you find a different physician injector with more experience and/or a better technique. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and bumps

+1

If you have "bumps" from juvederm and they can not be massaged down, then you may need hyaluronidase to dissolve them.  I would hold off injecting any other product until that is resolved.

Juvederm Bumps

+1

You can have the Juvederm bumps disolved immeditely with Hyalorinidase. or wait 5-6 months to disolve on their own