Juvederm Left Large Lump on Right Side of Lip - Get More or Wait? (photo)

I had Juvederm injected into my lips 4 days ago. I have a very large lump on the right side of my lip underneath (more toward the back and inside). It doesn't hurt but my lips are uneven. The doctor is new to injections and wants to add more to the other side to fix it. Could this simply be trauma and swelling? I have been massaging and icing but it looks so uneven. Should I wait and see if the lump goes away or balance it out? This is my first experience. No pain or swelling on left.

Juvederm Lump

+2

Sorry that you had a bad first experience. Firstly, do not have any more injected yet. Secondly, if this is a true lump it is possible that it can be easily expressed by pricking the area with a needle(the doctor doing this NOT YOU) and squeezing it out. If does not express I would wait and later use hyaluronidase to dissolve.  The other possibility is that this is inflammatory and might resolve on its own. Seeing someone now might be good to get an opinion and a baseline even though you might do nothing as you will feel better knowing that you are in good hands. The good news is that this is not permanent and will be resolved. Make sure that whoever you see has a lot of experience with skin and fillers-a dermatologist or plastic surgeon only. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Lump From Juvederm On The Lip

+2

Please hold off on any further injections at this time.  Let any swelling/bruising subside.  After two weeks or so if the lump persists, I would have it dissolved with Vitrace.  This is a quick and simple procedure and is very effective.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

How to fix a lump from Juvederm

+2

You need to wait for a week or two to see how much of the lump is due to swelling. I do not recommend having the same inexperienced injector treating the other side or you probably will end up with two lumps instead of one. Hyaluronidase injections should be considered if the lump persists. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. It truly is an art. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Lump in Lip

+2

I would let it settle for about a week.  If the lump is still there, then you can have Vitrase injected to soften it.   If your doctor does not provide this service, then you should be able to find someone locally that does. 

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Juvederm Left Large Lump on Right Side of Lip - Get More or Wait?

+2

If the injected Juvederm left a lump, which from the photos does appear to be the case IMHO it's best to let it subside before having more filler injected to the area.  If you want longer augmentation, you might want to consider Alloderm or one of the other lip implants for a more permanent lip augmentation.

Lumpy Lip after Juvederm Injection of Lip

+1

If you have a lump after Juvederm injection, it may simply be swelling and should be observed of a week or two.  

If it persists, then additional Juvederm injection in an adjacent are may smooth the contour.  

Alternatively, the excess Juvederm can be dissolved by injection of Hyaluronidase.

Consult your board certified plastic surgeon for a follow visit after two week and discuss your concerns and treatment options.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation is tailored to the needs of the patient and her/his sense of beautiful lips.

The lump on the inside/ massage then see a more experienced DOCTOR