How Long Does It Take for Cellulaze to Work?

I'm assuming that the skin isn't instantly smoothed out after the Cellulaze treatment. Does anyone know about how long it takes for the results to be seen, or what the process is like?

How Cellulaze Works

To understand how Cellulaze works, it is good to know the underlying cause of cellulite. Cellulite is caused by tightening and shortening of connective fibers between the skin and underlying muscle, combined with thinning skin and the fat pushing up against the thinning skin on the surface. I sometimes use the analogy of a mattress with buttons, once those threads (connective tissue) are released, the surface will become smoother.  Cellulaze works by three different effects, first, and most important, is releasing some of the shortened fibers, this is an immediate effect.  In addition, it helps equalize the fat between the fibers to smooth out some of the irregularities which you should see the results of when swelling has resolved in 2-3 weeks.  The final component is the skin tightening and thickening which takes place more gradually due to collagen stimulation and skin contraction from the laser. This final result will be realized over the next 3-6 months.  I hope this is helpful to you. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze results are noticeable by three months.

Cellulaze is the world's first permanent solution to improve the appearance of cellulite.  It uses a laser to address the three components of cellulite.

1. thinning skin
  2. herniating fat into the deep layer of skin
  3. fibrous bands that create dimpling

The treatment results in some bruising and swelling of the treatment area.  A compression garment is worn for several weeks to help decrease these side effects.  The appearance is already improved by 2-3 weeks post-procedure, but the final results are best seen at about the three month mark.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze full effects

Cellulaze has recently received FDA approval for the treatment of cellulite in the US. it works by lysing the sepate that hold the skin surface down and create dimples on the surface of the skin. additionally the laser can also tighten the skin over time. Reduction in the appearance of septae is apparent shortly after the procedure. Skin tightening on the other hand can take upto 1 yr to show final results  

Misbah Khan, MD

How long does it take for Cellulaze to work against cellulite?

Cellulaze treats the causes of cellulite directly by cutting the fibers that pull down on the skin causing the dimple effect with a laser and results are seen almost immediately (more so after swelling and bruises subside in about a week). That being said, Cellulaze also treats the skin and tissues in the region with lasers that cause the skin to thicken over time which means over time the skin becomes more and more smooth. So in most cases, while you will see a reduction right away, the area treated will continue to improve over the following 6 months to a year as the treated area grows thicker and smoother skin.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze results? Timeline?

In my opinion, each person heals differently. Some of my patients see an improvement in 2 weeks. However, I believe this is edema.
At 2 months, a long lasting improvement is usually noted. There is a group of patient's that may not see improvement until the 5th or 6th month.
I find that wearing the compression garment is helpful in getting results sooner.
Good luck!

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Clifton Dermatologic Surgeon

3 - 6 Months for Cellulaze

It typically takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months to see your full results with Cellulaze.  After surgery, you'll wear a compression garment for roughly 3 weeks.  Swelling varies for patients so some will begin to notice results sooner. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Cellulaze Results

Results are achieved with just one Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment. Your results will continue to improve over the next three to twelve months.Clinical studies have shown results can last for one year or more. However, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen to continue to enjoy Cellulaze cellulite laser results.

How long does it take to see final Cellulaze results

In my experience, you will see results right away.  If you are happy with what you see in 1-2 weeks, you'll be even more happy over time. However, it can take up to 3-6 months to really see your final results.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Cellulaze results improve with time

I our experience so far, initial results of cellulaze treatment are evident very quickly, within the first week, but continue to improve time. 

The results of the FDA trial and the experience of the doctors who were part of the Cellulaze trial indicates that the results continue to improve over 6 months and are stable for over one to two years.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

How Long Before You See the Results of Cellulaze Treatment?

Short answer is 1-2 months, and it improves from there. During the first couple weeks, the skin looks very smooth, due to swelling. There may be some bruising, but I try to minimize that with the use of foam pads and a compression garment during the first week. After about 3-4 weeks as the swelling resolves, it looks more irregular and may be a little lumpy. From 1-2 months as the subcutaneous tissue heals from the effects of the heat from the laser, the skin softens, swelling diminishes and the skin contraction becomes apparent. If it doesn't meeet your expectations at 4 weeks, do not panic. Just wait. At 6-8 weeks, if you are feeling happy, you should know that it keeps improving for 6 months. I actually think it improves for a year. Ultrasound images of the skin show smoothing, thickening and increasing uniformity from months 1-12. The skin feels very smooth and silky to the touch.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon